RT-1250 Would like to know the width of the cast iron deflector shield on the RT-1250

smokeythebear

Hello, I'm curious to know if the width of the cast iron heat deflector shield is the same as the stainless one from the RT-700? If it's not too much trouble could someone that owns the RT-1250 post the width from left to right of the deflector installed?

Thanks in advance.

Looks to be about 9 and 5/8 inches.

Attachments

• 20220213_115033.jpg
    20220213_115033.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 395
Looks to be about 9 and 5/8 inches.
Appreciate you taking the time to reply and you attached a picture too! The stainless versions is 9 1/4" wide, but the base is 11" They probably split the difference for stability. I'm contemplating make a plate 11" wide, which is the same as the base. My thinking is that a slightly wider deflector might disapate the heat more evenly, but there might be a trade off in transfer of energy to the drip tray? Yes, I know smoking isn't rocket science, but I like to experiment and tinker.

Appreciate you taking the time to reply and you attached a picture too! The stainless versions is 9 1/4" wide, but the base is 11" They probably split the difference for stability. I'm contemplating make a plate 11" wide, which is the same as the base. My thinking is that a slightly wider deflector might disapate the heat more evenly, but there might be a trade off in transfer of energy to the drip tray? Yes, I know smoking isn't rocket science, but I like to experiment and tinker.
That's half the fun, enjoy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back