Stampede Wifi Disconnects

thunderroad

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I just received my Stampede earlier this week and I can't seem to get the wifi to work on a regular basis. I was able to connect the grill to the wifi (eventually) but then 30 minutes later when I tried to log in on the app it says "Device offline." This has happened two times as despite numerous attempts to connect the grill, I have only been able to get it to connect twice. I have traded phone calls with rec tec but have not had a chance to thoroughly discuss the issue with them. Anyone have similar problems?

I have tried that numerous times and it has not worked. In fact, I have even restarted the phone several times to see if that had any impact and no luck.

Correct. I don't think it is solid red when I get that error but it seems that is more a symptom of the problem and not the cause. I am not sure why the grill would lose connectivity after 10 minutes when no other device does.

The grill could be in a location with a borderline signal, or where there's added interference from devices/routers in nearby homes. You could check signal strength (for the 2.4GHz band) at that spot with your phone. Keep in mind not all devices are the same, even if placed at the same location. For example, a device with a higher gain antenna might pull in a signal which another device does not (kinda like radio stations).

If the grill can't connect to WiFi then you won't be able to connect to it with your phone.

I think you may be correct. I just moved the grill to a different location on the deck where it has a clearer path to the router (ie. not through walls) and was able to connect. I am also able to connect to it remotely (for now), so it may be a location issue. I am going to wait and see if I can continue to connect for a period of time with the grill in its new location.

You may be getting interference with your neighbors that might be on the same 2.4 GHz channel as your router. You could try changing to a different channel.

It APPEARS that it may have been the location of the grill as I was able to connect and have stayed connected now for several hours. The location pushed the grill away from having to get a signal through walls and it can now get it through a window. This may have solved the problem.

Glad to hear. For most people, the majority of devices connecting to WiFi are inside the home. We don't realize how far that signal carries outside (or doesn't). Some folks have had to setup an extender to get the range they need. Nice that repositioning worked for you.

I'm having similar problems, only my red light is and has always stayed on. Worked great for the first month without a single issue. A week ago my app told me the device was offline. Unplugged the bull, waited 10 seconds, then plugged back in. Problem solved. Fired it up last night with same problem/solution. Woke up and now it's offline again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back