Bull Whole beef tenderloin question

Smagnus

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
Any one familiar with cooks times on a whole beef tenderloin?? Plan on searing first @ 450 then turning the bull down to 325. Started at 8lbs before trimming and would like to hit internal of 135. Thanks

I am following this one. Planning on doing one myself on Christmas. My plan was a reverse sear though.

I will usually trim mine down into nice sized medallions around 2" thick and go 225 for 30 min or so just to about 120 and then sear in a CI skillet until the desired temp is hit. I also will use up the remaining sections of the loin that are irregular or smaller for some really good beef chunks for stew.

I came here for the same question. I found a treager recipe, from the comments it says it looks like it will take about 2.5 hours total. I'll link the page below. Good luck, hope it turns out great.

tenderloin recipe

Any one familiar with cooks times on a whole beef tenderloin?? Plan on searing first @ 450 then turning the bull down to 325. Started at 8lbs before trimming and would like to hit internal of 135. Thanks
Follow up- seared 4 minutes on 3 sides. 450 w/sear kit. Pulled off grill, turned down to 325 and cooked for right at an hour, hour and a half. Pulled when it hit 135, wrapped in foil to rest for 15 minutes. Perfect. Sorry, no pics taken

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back