Which RT_340 would you rather buy if I decided to sell one of my two?

epcotisbest

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
So I have an RT-340 that I have had for a little more than two years now, love it and it gets used much more than my other grills, probably about three to four times a month or so. I also have a new in the box, still banded, never opened RT-340 that I bought earlier this year when it was an add-on purchase to my brother's RT-590. My thinking was, since I like the RT-340 a lot, another one would give me twice the cooking space instead of getting rid of the one I currently use when I got a bigger rec teq.
Well, the new one is still unopened and I can't decide if I actually want two of the same grill, or go ahead and get another, bigger one. The thing is, if I get a bigger one, I think I would still keep one of the two RT-340s I have.
So, if I decide to sell, and you were in the market for an RT-340, would you be more interested in the used one for around $375, or would you rather purchase the new one, which I am thinking about selling for $500...seems like a fair price to me.
This is not an offer to sell either one yet, as I remain undecided which way to go, otherwise I would have just made a listing in classified and maybe on FB Marketplace.
Mainly looking for a little nudge to help make up my mind. Which ever one I decide to sell, I will post here and on FB Marketplace NE Georgia when the time comes.
Thanks for your input.

My two cents for your hypothetical situation is that I'd rather spend an extra $125 for the new one. Both sound about right in price. Good luck with your decision!
(p.s. I'm not in the market for a RT-340, so just offering my opinion)

My two cents for your hypothetical situation is that I'd rather spend an extra $125 for the new one. Both sound about right in price. Good luck with your decision!
(p.s. I'm not in the market for a RT-340, so just offering my opinion)

I was thinking if I was a buyer I would probably spend the extra for the new one as well. Since the one I currently use works just fine, I don't really care which one I wind up keeping.
Thanks for the input.

If I were local and looking to buy, I'd hop right over and hand you the $500 for the new one.

I'm all the way on the other coast and forbidden from making additional purchases for a while.

I don’t believe RT’s warranty is transferable, so that would be a consideration on the “new” grill. Both grills are pre-owned with no warranty (essentially “used”), so it would be a decision on how “used” the buyer would want to accept at the offered price. YMMV

I don’t believe RT’s warranty is transferable, so that would be a consideration on the “new” grill. Both grills are pre-owned with no warranty (essentially “used”), so it would be a decision on how “used” the buyer would want to accept at the offered price. YMMV

Yes, I probably should have called the newer one “unopened” or something like that. Did not think a whole lot about the warranty thing, but offering it at $200 less than new price might make the savings over new from manufacturer worth it to someone. Or someone concerned about the warranty issue could save even more and buy the actually used used one.
Thanks for your help.

Even if it is not....what's the worse thing that can happen that would cost you ALOT of money? And from the folks I know that I have talked to said their CS is great even for out of warranty grills. That was one of the selling points that made me decide on my purchase, other than quality of construction. Word of mouth is a strong selling point. I believe if you explained that it was NIB that they would help make it right. Maybe not free, but at a reduced price. Especially for mechanical issues. I understand not warrantying the cosmetic stuff of a "second hand NIB" grill.

Edit:

And if this NIB grill is available at a later date...:unsure:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back