What's on the NYE and NYD menu???

Happy New Year to everyone. Going to smoke up two racks of Kurobuta St. Louis ribs tomorrow. Just doing leftover Italian sausage tortellini soup tonight.

Mexican Prozole and guacamole for NYE, Hoppin’ John for tomorrow NYD, and then Prime Rib Roast for the day after (Tuesday).
IMG_2042.jpeg

Happy New Years to all!
Doing the southern cook, basic pork should for slicing. Not pulling, No brown sugar (Momma does not like anything tasting like BBQ on NYD) so SPOG and she does the greens and peas taught to her by my grandma and mother from Louisiana. Oh she does not mind smoke just the Brown Sugar. Happy cooking all.

Happy New Year to all on this great forum! Glad so many are doing special cooks over the holiday weekend; lots of good stuff showing up here. We’ve been a little under the weather lately, so not doing any special cooks. Starting to feel better, so will be back in the saddle soon. Best to all.

Happy New Year to all on this great forum! Glad so many are doing special cooks over the holiday weekend; lots of good stuff showing up here. We’ve been a little under the weather lately, so not doing any special cooks. Starting to feel better, so will be back in the saddle soon. Best to all.
Get well soon @Jim6820!

Keeping it quiet and light today. Just reverse searing a couple of Japanese “A5” Wagyu steaks, smoking some Alaskan salmon from a recent fishing trip in a caramelized bourbon/grappa sauce, and a frutti de-mare in a white wine sauce with home made pasta with some veggies on the side.

We’ve been a little under the weather lately, so not doing any special cooks. Starting to feel better, so will be back in the saddle soon. Best to all.
Jim6820,

Wishing you and your family a speedy recovery, and nothing but goodness for the new year.

Feel better soon! All cooking here is indoors today (Hoppin’ John), will be heading outdoors tomorrow for Prime Rib Roast!

Happy New Years to all!
Doing the southern cook, basic pork should for slicing. Not pulling, No brown sugar (Momma does not like anything tasting like BBQ on NYD) so SPOG and she does the greens and peas taught to her by my grandma and mother from Louisiana. Oh she does not mind smoke just the Brown Sugar. Happy cooking all.
Happy New Years to all!
Yes, we have similar tastes for NYD. I roasted a boneless and tied up pork butt. SPOG, seared then roasted up for slicing. Made my black eyed peas and greens from scratch the day before. Corn bread, roasted potatoes, sweet tea. Turned out great!!!!
Sorry no pics. Ugh.
I missed firing up my Recteq but I have the rest of the year for bbq!

Happy new year All! Let’s get some great cooks in 2024!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back