What would you do?

aztracker

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Unlike the rest of the Nation here in the Phoenix, AZ area they declare no burn days. This is to include any wood burning ie.; Fireplaces, outdoor fire pits, etc. anything that burns wood. So they just enacted this rule for the next 3 days. I had planned to grill Saturday on my "wood Pellet Rec Teq" Bullseye. Am I going to be ok or will the pollution cops be knocking on my door? Any thoughts or recommendations on this one. Thanks

They sometimes do this in Southern CA with red flag days. No worries; happy smoking. I'd say they are more worried about larger fires that can be seen from a distance. Your Bullseye won't attract much attention.

We have no burn days as well. They exempt pellet stoves because they burn clean so I just apply it to the use of my outdoor “pellet stove” 😉

We have no-burn days here at certain times of the year, but it’s because the risk of starting a brush or forest fire. On those days, grilling is perfectly fine. As I understand no-burn days in Phoenix (and my wife travels there 3-4 times a year for work) they are enacted for air quality issues. I would expect you could be fined for any non-gas or electric grill use.

Smokem if ya gotem. That car you start up everyday does more damage than the smoker ever will...

At least that's what I would do... but to each his own...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back