RT-680 Wanted: decent used side shelf

Chrisg

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Hey all, I have a rt680.. I'm looking for a replacement side shelf. I'd prefer the stainless one so it doesn't look like a rusty piece of crap. Does anyone have?

Thanks,
Chris

Hey all, I have a rt680.. I'm looking for a replacement side shelf. I'd prefer the stainless one so it doesn't look like a rusty piece of crap. Does anyone have?

Thanks,
Chris
Did you contact Recteq?

Seriously?! I think it's robbery. I've had this grill since 2016, and I've replaced everything on it a few times. Parts were covered under warranty, so I think the grill has been good. The ignitor went out last week, and I was thinking of replacing it with a rt1250... next time it breaks, it's outta here

Seriously?! I think it's robbery. I've had this grill since 2016, and I've replaced everything on it a few times. Parts were covered under warranty, so I think the grill has been good. The ignitor went out last week, and I was thinking of replacing it with a rt1250... next time it breaks, it's outta here
Seriously!
I'm sure RT will be more than happy to sell you a RT-1250 :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Unfortunately, either option will probably cost about the same as buying a new shelf. If I were in the OP’s situation, I would simply sand the old shelf and hit it with a can of Rustoleum spray paint.
Yes. But it will give the OP some perspective of the value of the OE part.

$55 for the blaster and $10 for paint. Less than half price and you have a new tool now.
(Yes, I am assuming you have an air compressor. Most people I know, do.)

1677074976942.png

Don't forget the sand, cleaning chemicals, and labor.
What are you an accountant? Labor is free, those others are "incidentals", "miscellaneous", "consumables" - they never factor into the cost of the project. Unless you need $23 worth of stuff and only have $20, then it's a problem I suppose.

You can soda blast ($.99/box) and ($.99/bottle) of alcohol from the drug store to wipe down pre-paint.
Soda Blast Video

What are you an accountant? Labor is free, those others are "incidentals", "miscellaneous", "consumables" - they never factor into the cost of the project. Unless you need $23 worth of stuff and only have $20, then it's a problem I suppose.

You can soda blast ($.99/box) and ($.99/bottle) of alcohol from the drug store to wipe down pre-paint.
Soda Blast Video
Great, I like free labor! When will you be available to power wash my deck?

Don't need to be an accountant. Expense is expense, consumables cost money, what are you missing?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back