Using the griddle in RT 590

Foodkid

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I am thinking about buying the RT griddle for my RT 590. It looks like a good idea then I will never have to cook inside again. Unfortunately, Cooking on a griddle will require the hood to be open most of the time. This could cause problems with the RT 590 overfeeding pellets to maintain a constant temp. Does anyone have experience with the griddle that can offer some feedback on this.

Thank you for your reply. Blackstone, you say I will check it out

I have used mine about 4 times on my RT700 and will continue to do so. I keep the lid closed unless I am stirring the food so its minimal heat loss. If you plan on using the griddle a lot get a Blackstone but for occasional use it ok.

I use the griddle pretty regularly. Brats and Polish on the griddle with a giant pile of onions; bacon; pizza.
It's a useful PITA. It's huge, heavy, doesn't fit in any cabinets in or out of the house. But I like it.

I use the griddle pretty regularly. Brats and Polish on the griddle with a giant pile of onions; bacon; pizza.
It's a useful PITA. It's huge, heavy, doesn't fit in any cabinets in or out of the house. But I like it.
I’m a new owner and have only used the griddle that came with the 700 bundle to reverse sear burgers, but I see myself using it regularly.

And I agree about how unwieldy it is… mine lives against the inside wall of our pantry, halfway across the house from the patio door. 😂

I am thinking about buying the RT griddle for my RT 590. It looks like a good idea then I will never have to cook inside again. Unfortunately, Cooking on a griddle will require the hood to be open most of the time. This could cause problems with the RT 590 overfeeding pellets to maintain a constant temp. Does anyone have experience with the griddle that can offer some feedback on th
My buddy has a grilla grill silverbac... he has an option for constant feed rate instead of PID... does 590 do thst?

I am thinking about buying the RT griddle for my RT 590. It looks like a good idea then I will never have to cook inside again. Unfortunately, Cooking on a griddle will require the hood to be open most of the time. This could cause problems with the RT 590 overfeeding pellets to maintain a constant temp. Does anyone have experience with the griddle that can offer some feedback on this.
Can’t reply to a griddle on the 590, but would absolutely recommend get a Blackstone and be done with it.
My Blackstone griddle is a perfect compliment to my 590.

My buddy has a grilla grill silverbac... he has an option for constant feed rate instead of PID... does 590 do thst?
No the RT products do not. It is actually 1 of the 2 things the Grilla Grills do better IMO (Constant feed rate Option* to hold temp when door is open to lessen temp swings), the other is the intentional Temp swings to increase Smoke penetration and saturation. Think it is called Pro Smoke.
I WISH Recteq would catch up to that.

I have a 590 and Bullseye. I bought a griddle for my bullseye, used it once. It does not have a way to remove grease when cooking. Then stepped up and bought a Blackstone. We use it every week. No regrets.

Works great for bacon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back