Bull Unable to connect via 5G

Some of the newer grills are now coming with “dual-band” boards that allegedly connect to both 2.4G and 5G. I recently asked RT if retrofit boards would be available for purchase and all I got was an offer to walk me through setting up my 2.4G grill. I didn’t pursue the question further, figuring that they weren’t interested in answering it.

Is there ever going to be a fix for problems with connecting to 5G local networks?
There is no advantage to 5ghz for your grill unless your router is outside in clear line of site to the grill.

5ghz is faster than 2.4ghz but why do you want higher speed to control your grill or check the status? Is one half of a second to change the temperature of your grill not fast enough?

2.4ghz has a greater range and is much better at penetrating solid objects like walls which makes it the better choice for the majority who have their routers inside the house and grill outside.

If you are using Verizon their are numbers of articles and posts on the web to help with the issue.. its also not a 1 solution for everyone so plan on some trouble shooting time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back