Bull Two-Tier rack for RT-700?

TheRicker

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
From pictures only, it looks like the RT-1250 is a RT-700 with two-tiered racks. So my questions are (1) is there more to the 1250 than meets the eye and (2) can I purchase a two-tiered rack for my 700 to, essentially, make it a 1250?

If you have the latest version of the 700, you essentially have a one rack 1250. The older generation 700 differed in the controller, auger, etc.

My 700 is 2-years old so I don’t know if it’s an older or newer edition. But the items you mentioned shouldn’t be things that affect the physical characteristics of the cooking chamber and it’s ability for a second rack.

I guess I should ask tech support if there’s a kit to put a two-tiered rack in the 700. My guess is “no” as that might deter folks buying the 1250. 🤭

I am hoping someone may have done a DIY upgrade to a two-tiered rack in a 700. No worries…just thought I’d check on the forum.

There was a second rack available for the 700 at one point, but it may have magically disappeared when the 1250 came out as you mentioned. I know several people built their own second racks and documented it here somewhere.

The RT-700 has an internal light that makes a second, upper shelf problematic. Some have removed the light, plugged the electronics hole, and installed an aftermarket shelf. The 1250 does not have an interior light, so that challenge doesn’t exist.

A two-year old 700 would indeed be the old style.

@TheRicker there are a couple of guys that sell an aftermarket shelf system for recteq grills:

Gene Gauger on Facebook
PCS Rackworks

They each have pluses and minuses but one may work for you. If you Google either one you’ll find links To their products.

From pictures only, it looks like the RT-1250 is a RT-700 with two-tiered racks. So my questions are (1) is there more to the 1250 than meets the eye and (2) can I purchase a two-tiered rack for my 700 to, essentially, make it a 1250?
I have the older 700 and have already inquired to purchase the components to upgrade mine to be just like the new 700’s. I believe the auger motor is the same as what’s in the 1250 and BFG (3RPM vs 2RPM). Before the 1250 came out, you could purchase the 3RPM motor on their website, but after it came out, they took it off. I was told those components are for “warranty replacement only”.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back