Thought I'd done this already :)

kenglishpc

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hi folks,

Waiting on the RT-700 to arrive on Monday. Did the Amazon bundle with grill, cover, 200 lbs of pellets and two mats. Separately ordered grill grates, foil liner for the bucket, gasket for the lid, and the smoker tube. From my previous smokers (GOSM propane cabinet smoker, Stumps Classic, 50" Lang offset) I have several ET-73's, and assorted accessories (popper racks, rib racks, etc). Just found two 8 lb pork butts (meat is getting hard to find now, go figure).
Originally grew up in West Texas, now in Colorado for the last 23 years. Haven't smoked anything for a couple years due to life getting in the way, but really excited to get back into it. Some of you might know me from smokingmeatforums, I'm StarsFanInCO. Yeah, Huge Dallas Stars fan if we ever get hockey back. Texas Tech football and Dallas Cowboys round out my sports interests.

Cheers,
KE

It's gonna be a long weekend waiting for your Bull to arrive.......but it will! You're gonna love it, definitely a nice piece of equipment and plenty of helpful, friendly folks here to help you if you get into a jam or have any questions. Welcome!

Congrats on your Bull!!

It is a quality piece of equipment!

My only advice - the fixed wheels go on the controller side, the casters go on the handle side - I put mine on backwards. It works, but I couldn't make that out from the video on my phone (bad eyes).

I did find a pdf manual online though after some searching - I'll see if I can attach it here for you.

best

mqqn

Attachments

• Bull(RT-700)V2Manual.pdf
    7.9 MB · Views: 347
The seller on Amazon is RecTecGrills. I think it's just their Amazon store.

Thanks much for the Manual. Printing now!

As for this weekend, gives me the perfect excuse to deep clean my current gas grill, and patio. MAN OH MAN I can't wait!! Takes a lot to get me excited these days, but I'm pretty giddy!!

You are correct - the Amazon seller is Rec Tec.
I did the math on the bundle and it was just a little cheaper ordering on their web site with the May 20% off special - I just put all the bundle in my cart and away I went. Pretty much the same difference.

I live back in a "no outlet" lake community, and the freight company driver said he didn't want to risk turning around a '53 footer, so I drove up to the local Home Depot parking lot and he helped me get it into the back of my Colorado - no problem.

The packing box has nice plastic handles on it - but to remove the strapped on bundle accessories, make sure you don't cut the straps that hold the BBQ box together, or it will be a lot harder to get it off of the truck. (The Estes truck did not have a power lift gate...)

best

mqqn

Congrats and welcome aboard!

Hi folks,

Waiting on the RT-700 to arrive on Monday. Did the Amazon bundle with grill, cover, 200 lbs of pellets and two mats. Separately ordered grill grates, foil liner for the bucket, gasket for the lid, and the smoker tube. From my previous smokers (GOSM propane cabinet smoker, Stumps Classic, 50" Lang offset) I have several ET-73's, and assorted accessories (popper racks, rib racks, etc). Just found two 8 lb pork butts (meat is getting hard to find now, go figure).
Originally grew up in West Texas, now in Colorado for the last 23 years. Haven't smoked anything for a couple years due to life getting in the way, but really excited to get back into it. Some of you might know me from smokingmeatforums, I'm StarsFanInCO. Yeah, Huge Dallas Stars fan if we ever get hockey back. Texas Tech football and Dallas Cowboys round out my sports interests.

Cheers,
KE
You are in for a treat. The whole pellet thing is easy and delicious. I have been a stick burner guy (Klose) and a Pitmaker Vault guy. I still use them but the favor and ease of use makes the bull a welcomed addition. Have fun. Post your cooking pics. ??

You are in for a treat. The whole pellet thing is easy and delicious. I have been a stick burner guy (Klose) and a Pitmaker Vault guy. I still use them but the favor and ease of use makes the bull a welcomed addition. Have fun. Post your cooking pics. ??
Oh you know I will :)

Guns Up

Attachments

• 9B93CC2C-8E16-4423-A67D-93222E6E9CB5.jpeg
    9B93CC2C-8E16-4423-A67D-93222E6E9CB5.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 69
All the goodies are starting to roll in. Smoke tube, grill grates, vacuum cleaner have all arrived. Even tried out the grill grates on my gasser with a couple rib eyes last night. It's got cast iron grates that usually give great grill marks, but the grill grates were DEEP and charred. Big difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back