RT-1250 The new Recteq 1250 in review

I was just reading someone else's post that CS told them they won't sell the Heat shield separately??..
I'm going to call and ask about that tommorow. ..and the drip deflector.

So it's pretty clear RecTeq watches this group and others to make improvements. Surprised there wasn't a change in wheels but, that may be coming also.

I find the most appealing is the Cast Iron deflector. The folding shelf is great, but that is available. Along with the conduit that surrounds the wires. (Again, easy to upgrade ourselves) I hope the cast iron becomes available to those that purchase the RT-700 recently.

so this is basically a 700 with a new wifi controller, incorporated 2nd shelf and front shelf?

did they put in the larger auger motor?

so this is basically a 700 with a new wifi controller, incorporated 2nd shelf and front shelf?

They did put in the larger 3 rpm auger motor.

In addition, they put conduit around the external wires, added a grease diverter on the lid, changed the heat deflector to cast iron, added an outlet to the dual band WiFi controller, and added added a few hooks and tie-down anchors.

They also removed the light.

Last edited:

I believe they have an upgraded motor (2.5 or 3 rpm). It also has a cast iron heat deflector, the front shelf is a big improvement IMO because of the hinges and rounded corners. It also has a drip deflector and accessory plug on the back of the controller shelf and tie downs which are easily added to any grill. For me it’s not worth it to upgrade from a 700 but I probably would have purchased the 1250 over the 700 if I was buying today.

They did put in the larger 3 rpm auger motor.

In addition, they put conduit around the external wires, added a grease diverter on the lid, changed the heat deflector to cast iron, added an outlet to the dual band WiFi controller, and added added a few hooks and tie-down anchors.

They also removed the light.
Does anybody know why they took out the light?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back