Temps on the grills

BadgerFan

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I have the 590 and it says the temp range is 180-700 degrees, has anyone been able to get it to 700 degrees? Mine goes to like 500 tops. It will say "high" if I turn it once more but what is temperature is high?

Thank you Greg! Does RecTeq sell the newer auger? Do you happen to know the price of the water one?

The auger motor is listed at $50 on the RecTeq website but is currently out of stock.

I reached out and they said they sold them for awhile but have no stock but hopefully st some point in the future they will have enough to be able to sell them again.

There’s your answer! The RT-700 has been updated and will reach 700° now also, but the older grills are limited to 500° unless you want to swap out for a faster, aftermarket auger motor.
For what it‘s worth (FWIW), My Gen 1 RT700 (3 years ago) regularly hits 640F with no problem. I realize the new versions can hit 700+ and will hit the higher temps quicker, but don’t hesitate to take the legacy RT700s to their limits. When you add a cast iron griddle or even the anodized grill grates, you can approach ~700 with the old configuration and not even think about it. Enjoy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back