Temp probes

wildblue

Just curious what you guys are using. I know some of you lucky ones have the fancy controller with built-in probes. I finally decided I wasn't going to wait for the wi-fi controller to update my 680 anyway, so I finally replaced my old trusty ThermPro with a Fireboard. I looked at tappacue and thought about waiting for meater, but the Fireboard does everything I want, and then some. The impetus was a party we were having where I was making chicken, brisket, pork butt, and salmon - 2 probes wasn't going to cut it, and to be able to get temps from my phone where ever I was was worth the $$.If I ever get more probes for it, I'm going to need to find one with short wires :D
What are you using?

@wildblue I have the Bull with an updated wifi controller so I am using the two meat probes from that. But really I don't use them all that much to be honest. I haven't cooked several different types of meats at once, at least not yet.

So the included probes have been fine (though I did need to calibrate the meat probes). What I am using for every cook however is my Lavatools Javelin thermometer pen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back