Stampede Temp Probes not working

Scin

I am doing my first cook today on my RT-590 and everything was going smoothly, until I tried to use the temp probe.

Neither temp probe reads anything in either port. Am I missing something, do I need to do something to enable them?

Sounds like the connections on the controller may have came loose during shipping, or perhaps an oversite during QC check. Either way, I'd try to reseat them and see if that fixes it. I'd also still contact Rec Teq to let them know of this issue just in case it was a QC error. That way they can add it to their list so as to prevent it from happening again.

I finally got around to calling RecTeq and the problem was very simple. The hex nuts around the probes were a little too loose and that was preventing the probes from plugging in far enough for a good connection.

They suggested just hand tightening them. That worked well for the top one, but I used a wrench for an extra turn on the bottom. They both work great now.

Attachments

• 20200827_104317.jpg
    20200827_104317.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 625
I finally got around to calling RecTeq and the problem was very simple. The hex nuts around the probes were a little too loose and that was preventing the probes from plugging in far enough for a good connection.

They suggested just hand tightening them. That worked well for the top one, but I used a wrench for an extra turn on the bottom. They both work great now.
Good info. Thanks for sharing

Holly crap I'm glad I searched rectec probe issues and found these threads or I would have been ordering my third set of probes thinking that they where just going bad. went outside and tightened the nuts a little and I'll be damned now I'm receiving accurate temperature readings on both probes. would have been nice to have known this before ordering the second set thanks Rectec don't I feel like a jackazz

On my 340 the probes stopped working. I’ve had the 340 for a couple of years. They are reading 570 f and 75 f and they are in ice water. I bought these probes a couple of months ago, so are practically new

On my 340 the probes stopped working. I’ve had the 340 for a couple of years. They are reading 570 f and 75 f and they are in ice water. I bought these probes a couple of months ago, so are practically new
Did you tighten the nuts on the receptacles as suggested above?

Couple of months old, contact recteq support.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back