Temp probe cables

RedT

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Am tired of kinks & tangles in meat probe temperature sensor cables. Compounding that, my RecTeq, Spider Grill Venom and Maverick probes used on my Weber Performer ALL have different size/configuration probes! Which one fits which PID?
Any ideas on how to store and identify the cables to prevent kinking/identification?

If everything is different and cables are irritating, maybe invest in wireless. Can be used across all cooking devices and will only hurt until you use it and wonder why you didnt do it sooner...

I have a Meater+ and use it frequently, but on occasion, range is an issue. Really like the RecTeq app software, The Venom is Sucky - only works on. 2.4GHz. Maybe the real answer is to use one temp system and one app?

Am tired of kinks & tangles in meat probe temperature sensor cables. Compounding that, my RecTeq, Spider Grill Venom and Maverick probes used on my Weber Performer ALL have different size/configuration probes! Which one fits which PID?
Any ideas on how to store and identify the cables to prevent kinking/identification?
Look at the cable storage devices on Fireboards website. Work great for me.

Decided to go with 3D printed spools. LocalLibrary has a 3D printer and is printing for me.

3efd11d9-d572-4738-a077-d2ef92bccce8.jpeg

I purchased 3 of the Thermoworks Silicone Probe spools @ $8.95 each,
I waited for the periodic Thermoworks sales where the spools, their silicone pads, etc. are deeply discounted (40 - 50%) and then I stocked up. I'm probably good for life now other than the occasional probe replacement.

I purchased 3 a couple weeks ago - not realizing that they were for the "skinny" probes. They work for me, but the 3D printed ones will do a better job.

I’m an old school AF comms guy. I wrap my wires like I used to do paper (punched) tape…teletype. Old Navy Radiomen know what I’m talking about.

With your non-dominant hand fingers spread, you do a figure 8 around your thumb and pinkie finger. Not too tight as you don’t want a crease in the wire. Then use a bread tie around the middle to hold it in place. I put my RT-700 cables in one ziploc bag and my ThermoWorks Smoke probes in another ziploc bag…even though they have different type of plugs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back