Poultry Tandoori Chicken with Rajma Aloo

Gotcha

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Last nights dinner was Tandoori Chicken with Rajma Aloo (Beans and Potatoes in a Curry Sauce).

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 T Patak's Tandoori Curry Paste (you can also use Rani Tandoori Masala powder – salt free)
  • 6 T plain yogurt
  • 2 T apple cider vinegar
  • 1 T minced garlic
  • 2 T light olive or canola oil
  • 2 T lime or lemon juice
  • 6-12 chicken legs (remove skin)
  • 2 t smoked paprika (optional for additional color)
DIRECTIONS

Place all ingredients into a one-gallon plastic bag and mix together. Next remove the skin from the chicken legs and discard the skin. Make several deep cuts into the meat and then add to marinade.

Marinade for at least 4 hours, but not more than 24 hours.

Fire up your grill/smoker and allow it to come up to 400 degrees. Remove the chicken from marinade and brush with oil. Grill until browned and then flip over, cook for approximately 40-45 minutes. Check temp, should be around 185-190 degrees.

I like to serve this over yellow rice!

*If you are using the salt free tandoori powder, add ½ t sea salt.

Note you can also use boneless chicken breasts!
Greg

Attachments

• chicken 1.jpg
    chicken 1.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 135
  • chicken.jpg
    chicken.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 92
That definitely looks good. I have made something very similar, though with thighs. Curry paste does seem to step it up a notch.

Do you smoke your own paprika? I just bought some pretty good paprika at World Market before the quarantine closed them. I've been thinking of trying to smoke my own.

That definitely looks good. I have made something very similar, though with thighs. Curry paste does seem to step it up a notch.

Do you smoke your own paprika? I just bought some pretty good paprika at World Market before the quarantine closed them. I've been thinking of trying to smoke my own.
I make my own Rubs, BBQ sauce and Pizza sauce. But for things that I don't use a lot of, I look for products that are ingredients that I would use.
Best Greg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back