Bull Smokestack

I have not on the Bull, but have on a BGE. A word of caution before you invest in a permanent extension. Adding length to an exhaust port, be it car exhaust manifolds, or smokers, or even a house chimney, can have a major impact on the dynamics of how the device draws the stale air. For cookers, they burn much hotter and heat up faster. I can share my experience with adding a piece of galvanized pipe to my BGE if interested. Test with something you can easily undo if it doesn’t work well.

I have not on the Bull, but have on a BGE. A word of caution before you invest in a permanent extension. Adding length to an exhaust port, be it car exhaust manifolds, or smokers, or even a house chimney, can have a major impact on the dynamics of how the device draws the stale air. For cookers, they burn much hotter and heat up faster. I can share my experience with adding a piece of galvanized pipe to my BGE if interested. Test with something you can easily undo if it doesn’t work well.
Sound advice.

On all my smokers I never extended the stack upward. I always lowered the stack downward.

What you want is the inside to be dropped to just about grate level. It forces the smoke and heat down to the grate level and then out. I always used a dryer vent tube..works like a charm and I get a better smoke flavor..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back