Smoker location

Papa Pig

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I put my rt700 in my 16x18 screen room. First time cook was great . Seems to be in a good spot. Wondering about the long term affects of smoke on screen and ceiling. Anyone have experience with that?

Can you describe “screen room” for us? Are we talking about a tent-like thing, or a permanent structure that is screened in? Either way, though, it would seem that the smoke will eventually coat the interior with stuff that you probably won’t want.

There’s a fellow on YouTube named SmokinSteve that has a RT-700 and a RTB-380 that he uses on a screened-in porch. It might be worthwhile to send him a message on YT. My initial opinion is the same as what @Jim6820 says, but Steve has been doing this a long time and his porch still looks new.

I use mine under an open covered patio. Let’s just say my wife isn’t as thrilled with the ceiling patina as I am 🤷‍♂️. I have house on three sides of the patio so there is much breeze on calmer days and the smoke lingers.

I’m going to build a grilling/smoking pavilion this summer then I’ll be repainting the patio.

I can't imagine it would be good. It will smoke stain the walls eventually, and if you have ever painted in a home where someone has smoked, it isn't pretty.

Thanks guys. That answers my question. Guess I need to change locations.

The first location that I tried for my Trailblazer was next to my gas grill in a fully-outdoor location that was next to what could best be described as an outdoor room. It is basically just a roof with no walls.

In this location, smoke was not a problem but the noise from the fan was very annoying. My wife demanded that I move the smoker somewhere else. I found a suitable spot about 30 feet away, downwind of the outdoor room. That was two years ago and everyone, (meaning my wife), appears to be happy.

I put my rt700 in my 16x18 screen room. First time cook was great . Seems to be in a good spot. Wondering about the long term affects of smoke on screen and ceiling. Anyone have experience with that?
You will need to use some paint every 6 - 9 months to keep it looking new... If you don't it will look oily.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back