Smoked dehydrated habenero flakes

Pete590

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
i had a huge crop of these peppers and wanted to make good use of them,already have several bags in the freezer! This stuff is very potent! Handle with care!

I like the way you post. I am also smoking peppers this weekend. It is Hatch Chille season and I grabbed about 5lbs for freezing. Any tips?

I like the way you post. I am also smoking peppers this weekend. It is Hatch Chille season and I grabbed about 5lbs for freezing. Any tips?
I just put them in a zip lock bag,no real prep needed. make sure they’re dry so the don’t stick together.

i had a huge crop of these peppers and wanted to make good use of them,already have several bags in the freezer! This stuff is very potent! Handle with care!
My habanero and Scotch Bonnet plants are loaded, but still in the ripening stage. I’ve dried them in a dehydrator and ground into powder before, but I like the idea of the added smoke. Plus it’s always so humid here in the Midwest when peppers are ripening that it’s hard to really get them totally dry in my dehydrator. Looking forward to giving this a go. May smoke some jalapeños and go for homemade chipotles in adobo before I’m done. Thanks for the video!

My habanero and Scotch Bonnet plants are loaded, but still in the ripening stage. I’ve dried them in a dehydrator and ground into powder before, but I like the idea of the added smoke. Plus it’s always so humid here in the Midwest when peppers are ripening that it’s hard to really get them totally dry in my dehydrator. Looking forward to giving this a go. May smoke some jalapeños and go for homemade chipotles in adobo before I’m done. Thanks for the video!
Mo,

I also grind peppers and other veggies. They are great when I am grinding and making my own sausages. I also used to dehydrate but after getting a vacuum sealer many years ago, I compromise and try to keep everything intact. At one time, I would boil them and ”can” them. It was a good way to preserve the peppers but the preservation processes’ juices overwhelmed the original flavor profiles of the peppers. I will be smoking the HGCs this weekend on the Bull and I will let you know if I discover anything revolutionary.

Mo,

I also grind peppers and other veggies. They are great when I am grinding and making my own sausages. I also used to dehydrate but after getting a vacuum sealer many years ago, I compromise and try to keep everything intact. At one time, I would boil them and ”can” them. It was a good way to preserve the peppers but the preservation processes’ juices overwhelmed the original flavor profiles of the peppers. I will be smoking the HGCs this weekend on the Bull and I will let you know if I discover anything revolutionary.
Keep me informed. I usually end up bringing a bunch of my powder to the bar around the corner and let the owner and his son (who are both connoisseurs of the very spicy) and let them experiment in the kitchen. I too make my own sausages of various types at the end of hunting season. Pretty much rivals anything I could buy in a store with the added benefit of knowing exactly what goes in it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back