Bull Smoked Burgers

RicReed

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hello all,
Can't say that I've ever had a smoked burger. Looking for the best approach for when I get my Bull, next week.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Ric

@RicReed you could smoke your burgers at 225 for roughly an hour (depending on how big, thick your burgers are) until they reach an internal temperature of 130.

Then crank up the heat on your Rec Tec RT-700 to 400 degrees and sear for about 2-3 minutes on each side - or until your internal temp reaches 160 (160 is what the USDA recommends, see our Meat Temp Chart.

Let us know how you like them!

Gonna be doing burgers for my first cook on the Bull. I've read some places say to put cold burgers on grill at 225 for the first part (1 hour you say), do you flip (can you? - seems like they may stick)? Just leave on original side and crank up to 400 and flip in 2 or 3 mins? Sorry for the detailed question, but I'm a newbie for sure.

Gonna be doing burgers for my first cook on the Bull. I've read some places say to put cold burgers on grill at 225 for the first part (1 hour you say), do you flip (can you? - seems like they may stick)? Just leave on original side and crank up to 400 and flip in 2 or 3 mins? Sorry for the detailed question, but I'm a newbie for sure.

I have never done burgers on the Bull yet but to go from 225 to 400 will take some time so you will have to remove them or they could be overcooked by that time I imagine. The point is to heat them quickly at those temps for just a few minutes on each side.

I personally use a my Weber gasser for the searing part. This way it is ready to go and I just move from one to another. I keep my Bull sear plates on the Weber full time anymore right on top of the grates.

I have never done burgers on the Bull yet but to go from 225 to 400 will take some time so you will have to remove them or they could be overcooked by that time I imagine. The point is to heat them quickly at those temps for just a few minutes on each side.

I personally use a my Weber gasser for the searing part. This way it is ready to go and I just move from one to another. I keep my Bull sear plates on the Weber full time anymore right on top of the grates.
Thanks. You say no burgers, I assume this is how you do...steaks? Any trouble with the steaks sticking when you do the transfer? Little oil/Pam on the Bull before steaks go on? Do you put them on cold or are they at room/ambient temp before you put them on the Bull?

Thanks. You say no burgers, I assume this is how you do...steaks? Any trouble with the steaks sticking when you do the transfer? Little oil/Pam on the Bull before steaks go on? Do you put them on cold or are they at room/ambient temp before you put them on the Bull?
Yeah.. do steaks and pork chops all the time this way. Never had a issue sticking and don’t use any sprays or anything. They seem to come right off easily but you could try with burgers since they might come apart easier. Usually pull from fridge season and put on.

Yeah.. do steaks and pork chops all the time this way. Never had a issue sticking and don’t use any sprays or anything. They seem to come right off easily but you could try with burgers since they might come apart easier. Usually pull from fridge season and put on.
Many thanks! Looking forward to my first cook.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrzBBQ
Back