Stampede Smoke Tube

Dan99

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I just smoked a small 3 lb brisket flat, with Cookinpellets hickory..It smoke for 4 hours @ 180 along with a 12" smoke tube.I expected to taste much more smoke, but it didn't happen? Smoke ring was OK?
Thanks Dan
IMG_20201103_181616148.jpg

"Smoke ring" is a bit of a misnomer. They aren't really from smoke, per se, and don't necessarily correlate to taste. It's a chemical reaction involving combustion gases. Which is why an electric smoker can give smokey flavor but little to no smoke ring.

Pellet grills do tend to have a milder smoke flavor profile, but the smoke tube should have helped. What was the meat like when it went in? Cooler or warmed? Wet or dry? I've read cool/moist surface can attract more smoke. It's common in some forms of smoking to form a pellicle.

"Smoke ring" is a bit of a misnomer. They aren't really from smoke, per se, and don't necessarily correlate to taste. It's a chemical reaction involving combustion gases. Which is why an electric smoker can give smokey flavor but little to no smoke ring.

Pellet grills do tend to have a milder smoke flavor profile, but the smoke tube should have helped. What was the meat like when it went in? Cooler or warmed? Wet or dry? I've read cool/moist surface can attract more smoke. It's common in some forms of smoking to form a pellicle.
It was dry & warm.
Thanks Dan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineGriller
Back