Sear Kit vs Bullseye ?

MissynSac

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hello,

I have just purchased the RT-700 (it’s still listed as “Arrived at BreakBulk Terminal” in Atlanta)…. I failed to buy the front shelf and large interior shelf. In looking at the accessories to order these, I saw a Sear Kit option (out of stock).

I was considering buying the Bullseye 380 instead of the Sear Kit and consider it an $85 discount on the 380.

Thoughts on using a 380 as a sear/grill and the 700 as a barbecue (maybe saving some pellets)?

Thank you for your opinions/suggestions… I understand they may vary and appreciate all.

Missy

Hello,

I have just purchased the RT-700 (it’s still listed as “Arrived at BreakBulk Terminal” in Atlanta)…. I failed to buy the front shelf and large interior shelf. In looking at the accessories to order these, I saw a Sear Kit option (out of stock).

I was considering buying the Bullseye 380 instead of the Sear Kit and consider it an $85 discount on the 380.

Thoughts on using a 380 as a sear/grill and the 700 as a barbecue (maybe saving some pellets)?

Thank you for your opinions/suggestions… I understand they may vary and appreciate all.

Missy
I'm using the RT-380 with Grillgrates and happy with that combo. YMMV

Hello,

Missy
I have a 590 and a Bullseye, I bought the 590 first with a sear kit, which I have used some. Since buying the Bullseye and a sear kit for it, I use my 590 for slow cooking and my Bullseye for everything else and I love my Bullseye.

Today, I cooked sausage, pancakes, chicken and Pizza all on my Bullseye! It is extremely versatile and efficient.

Next week is a different story, going for my first brisket on the 590!!!

I have a 590 and a Bullseye, I bought the 590 first with a sear kit, which I have used some. Since buying the Bullseye and a sear kit for it, I use my 590 for slow cooking and my Bullseye for everything else and I love my Bullseye.

Today, I cooked sausage, pancakes, chicken and Pizza all on my Bullseye! It is extremely versatile and efficient.

Next week is a different story, going for my first brisket on the 590!!!
Thank you, that sounds wonderful. I hope the brisket goes well 😊

Missy

$37 sear kit.

https://www.amazon.com/Weber-10020-...XYMXYMTFTDX&psc=1&refRID=SFD78QJEWXYMXYMTFTDX
71X0tRC2MsL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Lol - oddly, I have one of those in that size and use it for small cooks / my father who only likes “charcoal” grilling (sigh).

Thank you,
Missy

If you decide to go with the sear kit (I have the RT-700 with sear kit) you can go to the grill grates websites, that's who makes them for recteq and by them straight from them. I found a coupon code online as well. They are cheaper there than through recteq. I love the sear kit...works as advertised!!

If you decide to go with the sear kit (I have the RT-700 with sear kit) you can go to the grill grates websites, that's who makes them for recteq and by them straight from them. I found a coupon code online as well. They are cheaper there than through recteq. I love the sear kit...works as advertised!!
Thank you

Last weekend for Daughters Sweet 16 birthday. One Butt on BGE. Three Ribs on 700. Dozen burgers on Weber Gas on Grillgrates. 4 Dozen wings on BGE. One spatchcock chicken on BGE with Grillgrates. The BGE was not getting enough attention lately and was trying out a billows fan from Thermoworks. Back to your question. I have the Grillgrates for the 700 but have not used them that much. Gas grill gets hot and hot fast..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back