Bull Is the Sear Kit the same as the one found on Grillgrate.com and also Amazon?

Badgerfan79

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I just ordered my Bull and I was thinking of getting the sear kit. However, I have some Amazon credit I need to use so I thought maybe I could get the sear kit from Recteq on Amazon. Nope. However, the set on this site: https://www.grillgrate.com/products/grillgrate-sear-station-for-the-recteq-bull-rt-700/ (which is also available on Amazon) looks identical, down to the tool that comes with it. Is it the same? Thanks! I look forward to spending a lot of time on the forums perfecting my technique with this beast. I can't wait until she gets here!!!!

Honestly, I wouldn't even use it for the smoker. I have mine on the bbq for searing quick. I have the rt700 and it's just a waste waitng for it to heat it up. Then if you have the lid open, it won't stay hot enough. Its a gimmick if you ask me(for using it on the smoker).Also I like using a cast iron pan on stove top for searing.

I also have the blessings of too many tools, not enough craftsmen. I like the RT Grill Grate solution as it keeps me from “firing up another device” and allows proper resting time for my beef based proteins prior to searing. That being said, my gasser (Lynx Pro) can hit 1100F in about 8 minutes and is a great solution if I want to complicate things or make the meal “camera ready”. Other uses for the GGs on the RT include the best smoked burgers you can make (smash or otherwise) and interesting profiles for seafood product like scallops and Halibut. To each their own, but don’t stop experimenting.
Just my thoughts. Happy New Year!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back