Bull Seam separation on sides of barrel

Billfrompa

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Just got my new bull two weeks ago. Did two six hour rib cooks at 250 degrees. Have an issue with a 1/8 inch gap starting on one side just near the lid hinge. Slight on other side. Anyone else experiencing this? Maybe my last name should be Murphy? Grill did make some really good ribs, awesome actually!! Concerned with water getting in. Did get hold of the company. I'm going to wait and see if gaps get larger. Any input would help. Thanks much! Billfrompa.

I’ve had mine for two days now. I did a reverse sear on a steak the same day I got it. This morning I threw a shoulder on it for 12 hours. So far I do not have any seam separation. I’ll keep an eye on it though.

Nothing on my end, have only done one 12hr cook and then steaks, chicken and burgers at higher temps but nothing like this, I'm sure RT will make it right, i'm curious to see what their response is. Good luck !

When mine arrived, there was seam separation that happened in shipping. Mine had been touched up with silicone sealer, and that had split.

I called their support and let them know, and they shipped me a pouch of loctite high temp silicone sealant to fix it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back