Rust preventatives

Bama BBQ

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Anyone here use a rust preventative on your smokers?

I got my Bull in yesterday, put it together, did the 1 hour burn-in & all went well.
This morning I wiped ALL of the entire metal surfaces with a light coat of Frog Lube CLP in hopes of preventing RUST in the future.

I fired the grill up & let it run @350 degrees for 45 minutes & then wiped away any remaining film.
Frog Lube is 100% natural ingredients, not even harmful if accidentally ingested but it has been my (Go To) for rust preventative & has never let me down.

I use this on ALL of my firearms & knives too, just apply it, heat the item to a good soak temp, let it cool down & wipe clean..... done.

Not one of my firearms or knives has shown any sign of rusting after treatment so I hope it does as good a job on my Bull :)

I keep most of my smokers in an outbuilding & for the most part they are protected from the elements ... except ultra high humidity. I have an older gas/pellet grill combo that is 100% stainless, not sure what grade it is but it appears to be the same thickness as the barrel on the RT-700 Bull ... but it was getting surface rust after it cools off, the humidity gets thick on this mountain!
I finally scrubbed off the surface rust on the areas I could get to & treated it with Frog Lube & that stopped it.
This new Bull is going to live under a 3/4 closed in carport where I park my truck & bass boat.
I plan to load it up with Boston Butts tomorrow for it's maiden journey.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back