RT700 in transit. What pellets do you recommend?

Our local grocery/garden center carries them Never tied them I did use the Weber pellets. They let me keep them after I returned my unopened SmokenFire pellet grill. Hard to tell, seemed ok. Not sure on the price as they came free. ??

Hey, Home depot has them on sale, not sure about the product but a good price. 20 lb bag, $12.86, limit 10. Curbside pickup. ??

KINGSFORD
View the Collection
20 lbs. Hickory Wood Grilling Pellets

(87)

Write a Review
Questions & Answers (6)
  • Kingsford Wood Pellets contain 100% hickory hardwood
  • Grilling pellets are great on pellet, charcoal & gas grills
  • No fillers and infuses food with hearty and strong flavors
$12.86 (limit 10 per order)

not a bad price, might be worth a try. i will have to see if my local HD has them.

Hmmm, seems worth a try at that price. With free shipping I'll let them send it to me instead of making the looooooong (15 minute) drive to the other side of town. FYI - Hickory is the only variety I see at the $12.86 price, others are $19.98.

Update: Order placed, telling me ETA is 6/22. Good thing I'm not in a hurry.

Hey, Home depot has them on sale, not sure about the product but a good price. 20 lb bag, $12.86, limit 10. Curbside pickup. ??

KINGSFORD
View the Collection
20 lbs. Hickory Wood Grilling Pellets

(87)
Write a Review
Questions & Answers (6)
  • Kingsford Wood Pellets contain 100% hickory hardwood
  • Grilling pellets are great on pellet, charcoal & gas grills
  • No fillers and infuses food with hearty and strong flavors
$12.86 (limit 10 per order)
For this price I would get a bag or two if my local HD has them in stock. Last time there the only thing I've seen in stock is the Traeger pellets.

I've been using LumberJack in my 700 no issues. last night I did venison brats and temp was 535, so they burn well. We have Rural King stores here and they sell 'em for 8.99 per 20lb bag.

I've been using LumberJack in my 700 no issues. last night I did venison brats and temp was 535, so they burn well. We have Rural King stores here and they sell 'em for 8.99 per 20lb bag.
I guess there are no rural king stores in the
east.? ??

I"m new to pellets, but I started with the RT blend and have since bought and used some LJ fruit blend and the char hickory. I just did a pork butt with the LJ char hickory and fruit blend and got a light smoke flavor for me so I"m going to have to experiment more with a longer "low setting" and maybe some pellets on top of the heat deflector. I'm doing baby backs tomorrow and thinking a handful onto the heat deflector, and "low" for an hour or two.

I am new to the pellet game so I need to do some homework on this subject. I have only used Pitt Boss pellets so far but they seem to work great. Lots of smoke, rec-tec 590 holds temp very well with them. Best of all they are 34 cents a pound for the compitition blend 40lb bag. The 20lb bags are a tiny bit more. I am not in a hurry to switch to a pellet that is close to a dollar a pound.

I"m new to pellets, but I started with the RT blend and have since bought and used some LJ fruit blend and the char hickory. I just did a pork butt with the LJ char hickory and fruit blend and got a light smoke flavor for me so I"m going to have to experiment more with a longer "low setting" and maybe some pellets on top of the heat deflector. I'm doing baby backs tomorrow and thinking a handful onto the heat deflector, and "low" for an hour or two.
Look for a smoke tube for pellets. For less than $20 you can add a bit more smoke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back