Bull RT 700 First burn

bigGny

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Just did the initial burn, on my. RT 700! Going to smoke some baby back ribs tomorrow. Any suggestions?

3-2-1 is what most do and is proven. Good luck!

On for 3 hrs, off and wrap if foil, then back on for 2 hrs foiled, then unwrap and back on for 1 hr. at which time you can add sauce if you want. Use the probe test too...probe with toothpick or temp gauge between bones until it goes in like butter. I would shoot for internal temp of 195.

Actually, naked is what I prefer. I like the heavier bark. Everybody has a favorite...still learning mine.

Just did the initial burn, on my. RT 700! Going to smoke some baby back ribs tomorrow. Any suggestions?
321 sometimes leaves the ribs a bit soft, more just fall off the bone. If you like al little bite off the bone try 221 or 311.

Thanks guys for the advice! My first attempt at smoking came out pretty good!! Did the 3-2-1 method and it worked great!! Next time I will not wrap them! They did kinda fall off the bone, probably left them on a tad too long! Thanks again!

Thanks guys for the advice! My first attempt at smoking came out pretty good!! Did the 3-2-1 method and it worked great!! Next time I will not wrap them! They did kinda fall off the bone, probably left them on a tad too long! Thanks again!
As long as it was delicious. BBQ is experimental. That’s why it’s so much fun to keep trying. Have fun.

Virus vaccines are experimental, BBQ is science.
First experimental, then becomes science. Science is always changing. Just like BBQ. The fun part of BBQ is experimenting with different recipes and ingredients. All good cooking is experimental, scientifically speaking. ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back