New RT 700 burn in fail

Tgrimm001

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Assembled the grill Saturday evening. Went to do the burn in this morning and the auger will run for about 45 seconds and then shuts off. If I power the grill off and then back on the auger will repeat this. But if I run the auger test in the settings it will run continuously with no issues. Anyone have this issue? Or able to help?
Thanks!

Did you put pellets in the fire pot first so it allows the priming time of the auger? Need a bit more info on what is happening with pellets/ignition. Any error codes? It might be shutting down not sensing ignition.

Yea I put a small handful in. Maybe I didn't put enough in though? No error codes. I took the back cover off just to watch and listen. Everything sounds fine. It runs for a little bit but then shuts down. The first time I tried it the pellets started to smolder and then the auger shut off

Yeah.. try a bit more.. are pellets through the auger yet and dropping? If not then keep doing what you are until they feed through. Almost there I think!

Ok I'll go out and try again. I'll post back shortly! Thanks for the help!

Welcome @Tgrimm001
and make sure to post your cooks.
and Mr. @sdynak look at you with the early morning diagnosis, you are on point.
Have a great Sunday.
😎
Thank you! And will do! I do alot of smoking on my kettle and WSM but missed my pellet grill. Bought a cheap one and wasn't happy with the big temp swings. The smokingmeatforums.com that I belong to the recteq 700 comes highly recommended so figured I'd jump on that train

One thing for sure is that you will be a very good Recteq'r. You paying attention to details proves that. I am the same way.

Thank you! And will do! I do alot of smoking on my kettle and WSM but missed my pellet grill. Bought a cheap one and wasn't happy with the big temp swings. The smokingmeatforums.com that I belong to the recteq 700 comes highly recommended so figured I'd jump on that train
It's a great "solid" grill.

You will love your RecTeq and this Forum! I have been able to solve a few minor issues on my 700 just by reading the posts on this Forum! Happy Smokin!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back