Bull RT-700 DIY Front Shelf

TahoeMike00

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I was inspired by others that did DIY shelfs. I bought the folding brackets on Amazon as others had done. OK, now what... go to Home Depot and buy a chunk of lumber? Fab something out of stainless in the machine shop I have access to? Hey, my cousin in Arkansas with property. With trees. And a chain saw. And a home sawmill. "Hey Tommy, I have a project idea for you...."

Pecan, was the only lumber that was dry enough to work with, totally happy with it.. Thanks Tommy!

20230520_100247.jpg

345965085_286598603718303_5466747772076079171_n.jpg

I was inspired by others that did DIY shelfs. I bought the folding brackets on Amazon as others had done. OK, now what... go to Home Depot and buy a chunk of lumber? Fab something out of stainless in the machine shop I have access to? Hey, my cousin in Arkansas with property. With trees. And a chain saw. And a home sawmill. "Hey Tommy, I have a project idea for you...."

Pecan, was the only lumber that was dry enough to work with, totally happy with it.. Thanks Tommy!

View attachment 19252

View attachment 19253
I have the same brackets. They needed some deburring, but they work well.
I have the same brackets. They needed some deburring, but they work well.
Please post ordering details on those brackets. Thanks, Dan

Looks nice Mike
But Front Shelf users really need to relocate the Bull Ring so it's usable:
View attachment 19299
That's a great idea! Honesty, before I read your post, I considered the bull ring nothing more than decorative, unless I decided to take the bull to my local saloon and tie to the hitchin' post to keep it from wandering off ;-)

Last edited:
What size brackets are people using? 10”, 12”, 14”? Seems 12” would be about right for me

What size brackets are people using? 10”, 12”, 14”? Seems 12” would be about right for me
I opted for the 12" model. Seemed the most logical for the slab of lumber I had. Plus, I figure if I ever need to replace it, I can easily for to 14" - 16" if I needed and still be ok with the 12" bracket.

Am I hallucinating or is that 590 lid blue? :unsure: Did/does RT offer a blue version at some point, or is that a custom job? Inquiring minds want to know.
Hi Jim,

I can't say for sure if you're hallucinating due to something you ate, but this is a custom wrap that I did.

Last edited:
What part did you connect the brackets to? Leg area using one factory hole for leg or just to the right or left side of the leg? thanks looks great!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back