Bull RT-680 Slow to come to temp since installing WiFi Controller.

Freedom Forged

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
This is only my second cook since replacing the original controller with the WiFi controller. On the first cook it seemed to take longer than before to come to 275* but I wasn't sure because I was doing prep. Today I paid more attention and it took considerably longer to come to temp than it did original controller.

Outdoor temp at the time of cook today. 71* F
Set temp 250* F
It took 40 minutes to come up to temp.

Anyone else experience this? Suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your help.
David

I might add that it maintains temp fine once it reaches the set point.

Last edited:
This is only my second cook since replacing the original controller with the WiFi controller. On the first cook it seemed to take longer than before to come to 275* but I wasn't sure because I was doing prep. Today I paid more attention and it took considerably longer to come to temp than it did original controller.

Outdoor temp at the time of cook today. 71* F
Set temp 250* F
It took 40 minutes to come up to temp.

Anyone else experience this? Suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your help.
David
I'm sorry to say that I agree with you and had the same experience with my 680 upgrade.
In fairness the 680 is now as slow as my 700. The older controller was definitely faster. Get used to it or replace the auger motor.

Today my 700 got to 275 in about 20-25 min. Holding steady as a rock.
No problems with steady temps with the controller. Just a bit slower than the non wifi controller. You will get used to it in no time. The upgrade is definitely worth it👍

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back