Stampede RT-590 or Traeger Pro 575?

If you don't care about any of those things (even the ability to see temperature and adjust is b0rk, not just alarms) then this is your smoker! I said that from the jump. If nothing else I said applies to you (or will in the future) then you're Recteq's ideal customer!

Personally, I have no idea why anyone would knowingly buy something that's broken even if you don't have a need for those features now when the competition offers betters smokers for less money with ACTUAL customer service to back it up. I wish I had known the truth before I sent them a grand because I never would have got involved with this outfit. Sadly, the problems started a few months after I bought mine. That's why now I volunteer my first-hand experience to save others from making the same mistake now that the issues are widely known.

But hey, it's your money.
After biting my tongue and listening to you whine for over a year now I have to ask the question why do you still have your 590 if it so bad! As far as the notifications the serious smokers have their favorite devices they use for notifications and temperature monitoring that are made by companies that specialize in those types of devices! After 2 years my 700 maintains temperature without having to monitor it continuously, it is well built, and dependable! Which to me are the most important factors!!! I don't believe I am the only one who is sick of your negativity. I do not mind people complaining, but you continue to be on this forum and complain about the same thing over and over while the 90 percent of us are very happy with the Recteq product! Like I said if you hate your 590 sell it or give it away!!!

Uh oh, here comes the Fanboy, Fangirl, Fanperson comment 🤣

That Strawberry donut looks awesome though! You have to change that soon .. makes me hungry every time I see it! 😂

kawaii GIF by Shaking Food GIFs

After biting my tongue and listening to you whine for over a year now I have to ask the question why do you still have your 590 if it so bad! As far as the notifications the serious smokers have their favorite devices they use for notifications and temperature monitoring that are made by companies that specialize in those types of devices! After 2 years my 700 maintains temperature without having to monitor it continuously, it is well built, and dependable! Which to me are the most important factors!!! I don't believe I am the only one who is sick of your negativity. I do not mind people complaining, but you continue to be on this forum and complain about the same thing over and over while the 90 percent of us are very happy with the Recteq product! Like I said if you hate your 590 sell it or give it away!!!
Just ignore or block him. He’s a moron.

He’ll pop in now and whine that you are attacking him and are a RT fanboy. 🤷🏽

I have a BGE XL and recently added the RT 590. Frankly, I was not planning to even purchase a pellet grill until I had to wait for several months to have a new base delivered and installed for my XL under warranty. I looked at the Traeger but after doing a lot of research the built quality and customer service is what sold me on the RT 590.

Having dealt with my BGE to maintain consistent temps with several different controllers I have been very pleased with the RT 590. The only thing I would like to see updated would be a lid open detected feature to reduce temperature spikes. However, when I have opened the lid and the temp does go up it is only temporary. Usually the temp gets back to target within a few minutes.

As far as customer service, Recteq has always been there to help or just answer a question when needed. They even call you back if you call after hours and do not leave a message. That is great customer service.

I still use my XL when I want to grill a steak or reverse sear a Tri Tip that I have smoked on the RT. But I find I use my RT 90% of the time now with great results.

As far as the App, I have no issues with it as I only use to to turn the RT on and set the temp. Traeger actually has a better app but they also offer cheaply made products that rust and do not provide consistent temp control.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back