Stampede RT 590 6 month in review

Rectechie

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
After using the 590 for 6 months I am happy to report that it has exceeded my expectations.
I also have a BGE XL that I continue to use mainly for reverse sears, direct grilling for steaks etc.
I have cooked chicken thighs, wings, sausage, Tri Tip, Smoked Ham, ribs and most recently a pork butt and brisket.
It is a pleasure knowing that I can set the temp at 200 for an overnight brisket cook and the temperature holds at 200 for the entire cook.
I have learned that choosing the right pellets can make a huge difference in the smoke flavor you can achieve. Bear Mountain Bold has worked extremely well in this regard.

I have smoked Briskets on my Egg for years but the Brisket I smoked on the 590 last week was the best ever.

My wife appreciates that we can have dinner on time as opposed to me spending hours to set up the egg and stabilizing the temperature.

RT support has been very responsive if I have a problem or question as well.
While I will continue to use my Egg I find that I am using the 590 90% of the time.

I'm two years in on the RT-590 and nothing but praise. And since getting the Bullseye in May, I have not used the Weber Genesis, which was my go to for searing. Also to note, since getting the Bullseye, the RT-590 is used only for low temp cooks.

I've still got 20 bags of Kingsford - so I will be using the other grills, but not because they're better.
Also have at least a cord of wood that will need to get used.
Maybe when there's a power outage and I can't use the recteq.

After using the 590 for 6 months I am happy to report that it has exceeded my expectations.
I also have a BGE XL that I continue to use mainly for reverse sears, direct grilling for steaks etc.
I have cooked chicken thighs, wings, sausage, Tri Tip, Smoked Ham, ribs and most recently a pork butt and brisket.
It is a pleasure knowing that I can set the temp at 200 for an overnight brisket cook and the temperature holds at 200 for the entire cook.
I have learned that choosing the right pellets can make a huge difference in the smoke flavor you can achieve. Bear Mountain Bold has worked extremely well in this regard.

I have smoked Briskets on my Egg for years but the Brisket I smoked on the 590 last week was the best ever.

My wife appreciates that we can have dinner on time as opposed to me spending hours to set up the egg and stabilizing the temperature.

RT support has been very responsive if I have a problem or question as well.
While I will continue to use my Egg I find that I am using the 590 90% of the time.
How’d you do the brisket? That’s my next cook.
Thanks!

How’d you do the brisket? That’s my next cook.
Thanks!
I used Oakridge Black OPS brisket rub. Smoked it at 200 overnight. The next morning I raised the temperature to 235 and wrapped it in Butcher Paper at 165. Pulled it when it was probe tender around 203. Let it rest for 20 minutes on the counter then set in the cooler for a few hours prior to serving.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back