RHEINLEIN

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
  3. Patio Legend 410
  4. RT-300
Since the 410 is a new model, I thought I would post a small review. This being my third RT I can compare against the other models I've owned, The 300 mini and the 700 Bull.
First, the order fulfillment to delivery was top notch. Ordered Wednesday 4/12 and delivered to Indiana on Saturday 4/15 (3 days).
Delivered on my porch via FedEx package delivery.
Assembly, startup and initial burn-in were smooth. I used bear mountain comp pellets. Connection to the app was quick and uneventful with an I-phone,

Performance: The grill held temp, as expected. I happen to like the rear vents over the smoke stack, the 700 has. Rec Teq mentions in a video that this provides more even temp spread, I have always thought this as the mini actually always had a more even temp a (in all areas) as well as much better smoke than my 700.

I keep the grill in the garage and the 410 (as expected) is easier to move around, easier to clean and uses a lot less fuel.

This is based on my needs and preferences. The Bull is the Bull, no question, Just more machine than I needed these days and the advantages of a smaller machine than I needed.

I just ran a test< I added an I grill side by side. Also note the factory offset. To conclude: RT Set: 325 RT Actual 328 IGRILL read 332 I am very pleased.
IMG_3454.jpg
t temperature calibration out of the box.
IMG_3472.jpg

First cook was ribs and I am much happier with the end product with the rear vents. Much better smoke flavor and so much more evenly cooked.

If you own a 700 or larger you might consider adding a 410 to your arsenal for cooks smaller than a family picnic.
IMG_3473 (1).jpg
IMG_3457 (1).PNG

Last edited:
Since the 410 is a new model, I thought I would post a small review. This being my third RT I can compare against the other models I've owned, The 300 mini and the 700 Bull.
First, the order fulfillment to delivery was top notch. Ordered Wednesday 4/12 and delivered to Indiana on Saturday 4/15 (3 days).
Delivered on my porch via FedEx package delivery.
Assembly, startup and initial burn-in were smooth. I used bear mountain comp pellets. Connection to the app was quick and uneventful with an I-phone,

Performance: The grill held temp, as expected. I happen to like the rear vents over the smoke stack, the 700 has. Rec Teq mentions in a video that this provides more even temp spread, I have always thought this as the mini actually always had a more even temp a (in all areas) as well as much better smoke than my 700.

I keep the grill in the garage and the 410 (as expected) is easier to move around, easier to clean and uses a lot less fuel.

This is based on my needs and preferences. The Bull is the Bull, no question, Just more machine than I needed these days and the advantages of a smaller machine are many.
First cook was ribs and I am much happier with the end product with the rear vents. Much better smoke flavor and so much more evenly cooked.

If you own a 700 or larger you might consider adding a 410 to your arsenal for cooks smaller than a family picnic.
Rheinlein, glad to hear you are enjoying your new 410. I'm enjoying mine too now but it's been a bit of a journey I thought I would share. I ordered it the first day it was released. It showed up 4 days later, it went together well and I had no issues connecting and using the app.

I gave the Recteq PID and recipes (time and temp) the benefit of the doubt for the first 4 cooks and overcooked everything. I really thought it was me doing something wrong but after four failed cooks, I put a trusted thermometer in the grill to find that it was running much hotter than the set temperature and much hotter than the "actual" temp displayed on the controller. I was initially excited to see the "actual" temp hovering right around the set temp only to find that the "actual" temp was incorrect as it seemed to be generated by the same logic that drives the PID and therefore, if something in the PID was off, the "actual" temp reading was also off.

I talked to Recteq support 3 separate times about this and while the fellows I talked with were friendly and professional, they instantly dug in their heels insisting that nothing was wrong and that any attempt to measure the actual temperature with a trusted thermometer was fraught with error - even when it was off by almost 50 degrees. Finally, after much debate and argument with them, they conceded that I should use the calibration setting in the app to adjust the temperature. I ended up putting in a +10% compensation setting. Now the grill and the trusted thermometer are aligned +/- a few degrees.

I had a similar experience with the meat probes. Both were off by about 9 degrees. The Recteq support person I talked with about this basically said: a) the online videos showing the calibration procedure should be ignored because they are making new ones, b) any reading in the 30s when placed in a glass of ice water is OK, and, c) so what, I have 3 of these grills at home and I have no issues.

My bottom line here is that the PID is likely not the most accurate and advanced system of its type on the market as they claim and that they have some kind of consistency problem with the production of it. That said, it does seem to hold the proper temp now that it has been manually adjusted. It's fortunate that the app and control panel have the ability to compensate for those production issues. Their customer support team should be more forthcoming in acknowledging this and immediately direct callers with this issue to the adjustment/calibration capabilities instead of digging in their heels and trying to convince the caller that nothing is wrong.

Last edited:
Now I reloaded the app and my settings changed as seen here.
Working fine

D8AF975B-9DF1-4B5A-8A68-F432FECCAD18.png

From its sleek design to its impressive performance, the RT-410 Patio Legend is a true winner. It's packed with features that make grilling a breeze, and the cooking results are simply mouthwatering. Whether you're searing steaks, smoking ribs, or grilling veggies, this grill has got you covered.

I recently stumbled upon an awesome review of the RT-410 Patio Legend, and it gave me all the details I needed to know. If you want to check it out for yourself, here's the source. Trust me, it's worth a read if you're considering investing in a top-notch patio grill.

Last edited:
From its sleek design to its impressive performance, the RT-410 Patio Legend is a true winner. It's packed with features that make grilling a breeze, and the cooking results are simply mouthwatering. Whether you're searing steaks, smoking ribs, or grilling veggies, this grill has got you covered.
Is this a paid advertisement?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back