RT-1250 RT-1250 arrived today!!

That all looks fantastic!
Thanks. Got a pork butt to do on Thursday. Working from home so figure I can let it rip all day. Anxious to see how it does. Figure I'll start with high smoke around 180 for the first couple hours before jumping up to 220 degrees. I've only done pork butts in a propane Camp Chef smoker and my Pit Barrel so this will be new. Anxious to try it. I will post pictures.

It doesn't do anything to keep smoke inside the grill. The strip will allow condensation/grease to drip back inside the grill instead of on the outside of your grill below the lid.
Anything helps,just curious how much of an impact it has

Just got done assembling mine. Had to go to Estes and get it or wait until at least Wednesday for delivery. No issues other than one bolt on one of the horns. Will call Recteq tomorrow about it. Will also do the burn in tomorrow, then start off with the pork belly that I have for the occasion.
I also had an issue with one bolt on the right horn, interested on the response from recteq.

I also had an issue with one bolt on the right horn, interested on the response from recteq.
I didn't have any issues with my either of my horns. I did have an issue with the lower shelf screws not going into the nut that was tacked to the back.

I didn't have any issues with my either of my horns. I did have an issue with the lower shelf screws not going into the nut that was tacked to the back.
I used the competition cart so not sure on the original legs but I did have a bit of headache with the screw holes not being perfectly lined up on the cart and the back base of the 1250 being bent from shipping. At least it's on the back.

I completed my 400-degree 1-hour burning today. No issues during that. I immediately threw on some burgers. Recteq recommends putting something fatty on for your first cook so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone, and hey I was hungry. Had burgers with caramelized onions, bacon, avocado and cheese. We have storms coming in tomorrow because of the leftover remnants of the hurricane so no cooks tomorrow. Here are a few pictures from today.

I did have an issue that my rubs did not show up. I called them today and they are being reshipped. I'm thinking someone from Estes was having a barbecue and needed some rub.

Also my shelf had a few dents and scratches in it. I let them know about that as well and I just want me to send in some pictures. I may ask them if instead of shipping me a new shelf they would be interested in knocking that difference off the price of a competition cart and I'll just buy it from him. Not sure if they would go for it or not.
Congrats. You are on your way. I hope you and the family stay safe as the storm moves into your area. If I had a choice, I would see if they will throw in a set of grill grates for the inconvenience. They are priceless and I recommend them as a key ingredient for a lot of your cooks. Mine are used regularly and it keeps me from turning on a gasser to ”crisp up” foods. They also come in handy when I cook pizzas, smoke salmon (it gets the skin nice and crispy) and other general searing.

My new RT-1250 arrived today. There were some storms coming but I thought that I had time to get out and get the unit assembled. I literally snapped some pictures, threw the cover on and have enough time to run to the garage before the rain started. Assembly took about 2 hours. I will wash the grates tomorrow and complete the burn in. I will say that I'm extremely impressed with the packing of the grill. My shelf has a little bit of a mark on it however it appears that was from manufacturing and not shipping. I figure I'll be sitting things on it anyway so not too worried about it. I'm very excited. More to come.
Congrats - took delivery of my RT-700 today and just finished putting it together

can’t wait till tomorrow (rain pending) and get the burn in done and start smoking!!

I spoke with Adam at RecTeq and explained inability to get one bolt to tighten down and the subsequent use of the impact which still didn't seat bolt, only messed up the threads on the top 1/3 of the bolt. (possible bolt hole too shallow for bolt length? Although all bolts were the same size/length) Any way, new horn enroute now.

The did send me a return label for the problem horn to be sent back upon arrival of replacement.

Very pleasant to deal with. Very quick with getting item out. Outstanding customer service reputation appears to be well deserved

Sounds like a few people have had issues with screwing in the horns. I was able to get mine in with an impact but I was getting a bit worried about possibly breaking off the screw. It's not coming out I know that

Getting ready to start a pork butt tonight at midnight and let it run overnight. I'll get everyone some pictures tomorrow. Because I'm not staying up, I'm not going to use the extreme smoke. Instead I'm going to load up a smoke tube for a little extra flavor. Have a great evening.

Attachments

• 20210818_193412.jpg
    20210818_193412.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 98
Pork butt went on around midnight. Did have a strange thing where I set the grill to 220 degrees and it seems to fluctuate about 10 to 15 degrees according to my FireBoard. However, when I set it to 225 degrees it seems to be staying much more stable. I do have a slight amount of wind tonight but nothing bad. Also using Weber pellets as they were out of my Cookin Pellets. Below is a link to my current cook on FireBoard.

Thu Aug 19 Session https://share.fireboard.io/9E8A9F

In case anyone is looking for any foil liners for their grease bucket, Walmart has Pit Boss brand that fit perfectly. They were a little over $3 for a six pack. Just an FYI.

Attachments

• 20210819_104755.jpg
    20210819_104755.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 90
My new RT-1250 arrived today. There were some storms coming but I thought that I had time to get out and get the unit assembled. I literally snapped some pictures, threw the cover on and have enough time to run to the garage before the rain started. Assembly took about 2 hours. I will wash the grates tomorrow and complete the burn in. I will say that I'm extremely impressed with the packing of the grill. My shelf has a little bit of a mark on it however it appears that was from manufacturing and not shipping. I figure I'll be sitting things on it anyway so not too worried about it. I'm very excited. More to come.
When did you order it? i.e. how long was it from order date to it showing up on your door step and where are you located?

Just ordered my 1250 today.

When did you order it? i.e. how long was it from order date to it showing up on your door step and where are you located?

I know you didn't direct the question at me but my 1250 was a week and a day from order to my garage in Minnesota. I ordered as soon as they went on sale and had it Friday the following week.

Mine came pretty quick. I ordered on the first Saturday after it was available and they shipped it out on Monday. Mine arrived my house on the following Thursday. I know where they ship from Georgia and mine ship to West Virginia. Hope that helps.

Mmmm, those look fantastic! Let us know how the new drip strip works! I have replaced all the cast iron grates on my other grills with stainless steel grates because the cast iron ones rusted rather quickly so let us know how the new deflector holds up!

Pork butt came out great. Sorry but I didn't get a chance to take any pictures of the final product. I was in the middle of a work conference and pulling pork at the same time

The drip strips worked great. I have nothing on the front of the grill. Clean as a whistle. Again that was my first cook so we'll see overtime how it does but so far so good. No complaints thus far.

In case anyone is looking for any foil liners for their grease bucket, Walmart has Pit Boss brand that fit perfectly. They were a little over $3 for a six pack. Just an FYI.
I might add, the large bush’s baked bean can fits in the bucket perfect and catches drppins.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back