RIPT wood chip grill

Smagnus

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
this brand showed up on my IG the other day……………looks like a wood chip version of a pellet grill. And they are very proud of it. Signed up just to see what it’s about- still nothing specific yet other than dimensions and a hefty price tag. I’d be interested to see this thing in action. Not sure if I’d be sold on it but for some reason it does intrigue me.
riptgrills.com
Thiughts from the peanut gallery?

Interesting. For anyone who's had an auger jam from a long pellet, I wonder how well this will work with irregularly-shaped wood chips. Maybe it's gravity-fed, which might make that easier?

How much is the grill? I can't find the price listed anywhere on their website.

That is clearly a Green Mountain Grill pellet smoker with some changes.

99 deposit then 1600 when available-maybe. Or something like that
I don't really think that's too bad. It's the same price as the 1250 and almost the same size. It will be interesting to see how the flavor is off of it from the chips versus the pellets and see if there are any others that follow and make wood chip grills.

If it is closer to stick burner flavor, I may have to get one and have my 1250 for grilling duty only.

99 deposit then 1600 when available-maybe. Or something like that
This is from the website

Screenshot_20220820-080830_Chrome.jpg

Interesting design. I think I will just stick with putting some chips on the heat deflector. I get plenty of smoke flavor.
I agree. Plus never a good idea to buy the first Gen of anything. Could be great or could be a disaster like that new $3500 dollar grill from traeger. Lol

Interesting. For anyone who's had an auger jam from a long pellet, I wonder how well this will work with irregularly-shaped wood chips. Maybe it's gravity-fed, which might make that easier?
Maybe a pusher on a long slide/rail - like a bradley does with its pucks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back