charlesrshell

Pellet Grill Rookie
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Does anyone use rib racks anymore? I don't think I see them being used in any rib recipe post.

Don't really see the need for my own personal use, but I never make more than 3 racks at a time. May be handy if doing more.

I had bought mine for use in the 14" WSM but never cooked more then 1 rack so never used it. The WSM could fit 2 racks of ribs.

@charlesrshell I've thought about buying a rib rack and have this rib rack in my wish list at the moment as a couple others have mentioned it.

My reasoning to not having one yet is similar to @Wslayer's reasoning - I just haven't had the need for it yet. I have the RT-700 Bull and have lots of space for several racks and with a family of 4, cooking 2-3 racks is typically more than enough.

@Mike thanks. I read in a rib recipe that using rib racks take longer to cook too.

I'm not sure that a rack alone would take ribs longer to cook, but loading more meat does mean more thermal mass to heat up.

I got a basic rack with a kit, only used it once. I've also seen a couple that can double as a roasting rack - flip one way for ribs or flip it over for a roast. Neat idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back