Rib Racks?

MikeyB

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Does anyone use them?
I have a rack from Weber that I have used on my firepit and it worked out pretty good. Have not tried it out on my 700 yet.
Was also looking at the Rib Ring from BBQ Guru where you can fit a few racks of ribs and a whole chicken in the middle of it.
Looks pretty cool if nothing else.

I used a rib rack one time in my RT-B380 Bullseye. Ribs turned out good. However, it was a PITA to perform the bend test. So I haven't used it since. I just throw them on the grill with a drip pan. You do not need a drip pan for your Bull.

Yep. I have two five slot racks, so I can get 10 racks of spares on my 700 (in the event I needed to.) So far, I've only done 7 as my max with 5 in the rack, and two more on the grate next to the rack. No issues at all, cooked just like they usually do.

R

i think the main issue is how many you cook and how much room you have. 3 is the most i smoke at once
FWIW i got one with my BGE but have not used it on any of my grills

Yep. I have two five slot racks, so I can get 10 racks of spares on my 700 (in the event I needed to.) So far, I've only done 7 as my max with 5 in the rack, and two more on the grate next to the rack. No issues at all, cooked just like they usually do.

R
Any pictures of that? I've seen the racks support baby backs fairly well, but not spares. Are you doing St. Louis cut or full spares?

I have two. I use one for baby backs, two for spares (one on each end). They work great. One is nicer, it can be flipped over and used to hold a roast. It’s the Webber one, i think

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back