Stampede Removing Pellets

Depending on the size of the sucker part you could try either some duct tape or even JB weld to attach to a bucket.

K Thanks I bought the shop vac to clean out the ashes in the grill.

Plus as a bonus you could use it to remove pellets from the hopper that has the grate that has the screws.

Okay Dan let get these screws taken care of for you. If you look at the picture that Bytor posted, in the upper right corner just below the grate you can see a screw.
There are probably 4 of them one in each corner.

Hi All I got all the pellets out of the hopper, with my shop vac.
Dan

I use a bucket head like others have suggested. I use it and a few buckets exclusively for pellets. I wrote “pellets only” to make sure others don’t use them for anything else as wel.

I have a 18v Milwaukee that I use to suck the ash.

I would not use a general use shop vac for the pellets. You don’t want to contaminate them with stuff you’ve vacuumed up else where. the potential of getting dirt or plastic into my pellets sounds unappetizing.

This is what I use. I have a vac for the ash, and also clean the dust out of the pellet hopper occasionally. Never had a problem with leaving the pellets in the very bottom of the hopper.
The grate is removed.

IMG_20200509_102206.jpg

Hi All What is the best way to remove pellet from my 590? It has a grid in the hopper that doesn't seem to come out?
THanks Dan
I have a 590 and the grid is easily removed- 4 small screws. I would recommend having a magnetic pickup as the screws are hard to retrieve from the pellets. Don’t worry about the sealer that you see. On mine it wasn’t really doing anything at all.

A small dedicated shop vac will do the trick. They make a pretty small one that is easy to store. It keeps a nice BBQ smell in the closet where you store it. What could be better? ??
A system similar to other grills…. So the pellets fall out. Just a wish.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back