Bull Removing hopper for fitting through door

Dbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Hey, I just purchased a Bull. It won’t fit out of my back patio door! It’s the only exit point to my backyard! I emailed Rec Tec inquiring about hopper removal for moving, and of course..they called me personally (awesome customer service) The guy told me it can be removed. I’m still very nervous about removing it though. Has anyone else removed and reinstalled a hopper on a 700? I can’t find ANY videos of anyone doing it. I know I’ll have to buy some more high heat caulk to reseal, but I’m still very nervous! Any insight would be greatly appreciated! My wife won’t let me do any overnight cooks in the driveway! It HAS to get out back! ?‍♂️

Hey, I just purchased a Bull. It won’t fit out of my back patio door! It’s the only exit point to my backyard! I emailed Rec Tec inquiring about hopper removal for moving, and of course..they called me personally (awesome customer service) The guy told me it can be removed. I’m still very nervous about removing it though. Has anyone else removed and reinstalled a hopper on a 700? I can’t find ANY videos of anyone doing it. I know I’ll have to buy some more high heat caulk to reseal, but I’m still very nervous! Any insight would be greatly appreciated! My wife won’t let me do any overnight cooks in the driveway! It HAS to get out back! ?‍♂️
I’m guessing it can’t be lifted up to your patio. If Rec Tec HQ said it can be done and gave you some direction on how to do so. I would go for it. Other thought, can you return that one and maybe they send you one with the hopper not attached. Then you attach it once in the patio. Tough spot. I’m sure it will work out. Send pics of the process it would be good to see how you solve it. Good luck.

I've never removed mine. And I suppose walking it out with the pit lid raised will not offer enough clearance (which would eliminate some added depth from the horn handles)?

I had a similar issue as I assembled it in my garage and didn't measure its width until after I had it assembled - it was about 4" too wide to fit through my garage door to go through the house to my back deck, where I want it. I had to take the horns off to get it through the door - barely fit. I would not want to take the hopper off as that seems like a lot of work, but you do whatcha gotta do.

I'm not comprehending something; if the horns make the difference between fitting and not fitting through an opening why doesn't raising the lid solve the problem? ?‍♂️

I took mine up the deck steps using a dolly, a strap and some cardboard from the packaging. Nine steps up and job complete. You may phone a friend. It's heavy for just one person to do.

I'm not comprehending something; if the horns make the difference between fitting and not fitting through an opening why doesn't raising the lid solve the problem? ?‍♂️

Raising the lid would have solved the problem, but then I would have had to ensure the lid didn't slam closed while I was moving it. It's relatively easy to remove the horns. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back