Refrigerator temp question.

I worked on medical frig and freezers all the time at the hospital, the stated issues are typically due to bad temp probe going to controller, or a lack of refrigerant....."yes they are low or almost empty many times upon delivery". It's under warranty, so I'd make a call and have the experts troubleshoot and do a low/high pressure test on the system. The compressor should stay cool enough when running that you can lay your hand on it, if not the case it's working really hard likely due to low refrigerant. I've had a cheap old school Whirlpool frig/freezer out in my garage for years, I also have a temp monitor that I got from the hospital, it shows the history and I do see swings of 3 to 4 degrees consistently which is normal. NOTHING appliance wise is made like it used to be, nor is the quality control as good as it used to be.......expensive crap with people assembling who don't give a crap. OP hasn't been back since Tuesday, hopefully got this resolved and will report back. Keep those condenser coils clean folks, regardless of whether in the house or out in the garage, it's no different than the radiator in your car. :)
Seems to be doing a lot better now. It has been staying between 34 and 38 if it isn't opened much. I think the main issue was the fact there wasn't much in there. Now that it is 2/3's full it seems to be doing fine. The real test I guess will be next summer when the temps are 105 every day.

Fwiw, took my new French door fridge (bottom freezer) 3 days to acquire a steady temp.

And more fwiw, new GE Profile appliances are a definite step down from the old ones. Guess they want you in 5e Cafe line.
GE sold their appliance division to Haier of China in 2016. I had a Haier chest freezer that was marginal, but don't know the mfg quality of Haier made GE products since the move.

BTW, I worked for a division of GE before it imploded.

GE sold their appliance division to Haier of China in 2016. I had a Haier chest freezer that was marginal, but don't know the mfg quality of Haier made GE products since the move.

BTW, I worked for a division of GE before it imploded.
Implosion after that fancy Malcom Baldrige award eh? Hate this happened to you and GE.
Back to the topic at hand.

Implosion after that fancy Malcom Baldrige award eh? Hate this happened to you and GE.
Back to the topic at hand.

GE recently split up their healthcare division as well, yet they are still called GE Healthcare.......yup I used to work for them "10 years".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back