Lowering temp to slow finishing when away

It was pulled off beautifully. I ended up coming home early because the butts & the brisket got done a little faster than expected. I had my mom drop the ribs on an hour later than I left. Now I found out that somehow I bumped the heat to 325 for 45 minutes unwrapped and about 45 minutes wrapped before I realized. I think they’re done, so I’ll pull them out if the wrap and sauce them and keep them hot somehow before dinner.

Well, I pulled it off. I had my mom drop the ribs on an hour and a half after I left for church, then I came home early because the brisket and butts were getting done, even with a lower temp, so the butts came out great, the brisket (my first) was wonderful, and the ribs were fantastic. This will probably be an infrequent thing in the future, but I have learned a few things and will continue to learn them going forward. I like the idea from padlin00 about running them overnight at a lower temp so they don't get to stall to early in the morning. Thanks for all of the comments.

Well, I pulled it off. I had my mom drop the ribs on an hour and a half after I left for church, then I came home early because the brisket and butts were getting done, even with a lower temp, so the butts came out great, the brisket (my first) was wonderful, and the ribs were fantastic. This will probably be an infrequent thing in the future, but I have learned a few things and will continue to learn them going forward. I like the idea from padlin00 about running them overnight at a lower temp so they don't get to stall to early in the morning. Thanks for all of the comments.
Well done, @Jessesaint; glad it came off well. Getting a brisket to “wonderful” on your first try is an accomplishment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back