RecTeq turning off app remote start up feature?

And you can bet your sweet bippy that the (engine) replacement starter manufacturers don't oppose it..........
download.jpg

I bought a pit boss for my first pellet grill because i didnt want to invest a huge amount of money into something i had no clue about. Remote start would be of zero interest to me really. I dont leave the grill plugged in for one reason and when i turn the grill on, that gives me time for my first beer while it warms up. So far this pit boss has been flawless and im learning as i go and liking it more each cook. When it needs replacing i would seriously look at a rec teq as they seem very well made. About to put a slab on the grill shortly......and open another beer

I bought a pit boss for my first pellet grill because i didnt want to invest a huge amount of money into something i had no clue about. Remote start would be of zero interest to me really. I dont leave the grill plugged in for one reason and when i turn the grill on, that gives me time for my first beer while it warms up. So far this pit boss has been flawless and im learning as i go and liking it more each cook. When it needs replacing i would seriously look at a rec teq as they seem very well made. About to put a slab on the grill shortly......and open another beer
Does the beer have a remote open :unsure:

20240327_145217.jpg

IMHO, most pre heat the grill before placing food in it. I know, things have changed
I normally season my protein and put it on the grill on Sunday before the work week and then I'll remote start the grill Friday while at work so it's ready for dinner when I get home from work. Figure 5 days of sitting outside is like dry aging......doesn't everybody do that?

I normally season my protein and put it on the grill on Sunday before the work week and then I'll remote start the grill Friday while at work so it's ready for dinner when I get home from work. Figure 5 days of sitting outside is like dry aging......doesn't everybody do that?
Genius, why didn't I think of that 😂

It’s a done deal that recteq has turned off the app startup. Constant complaining about that here will not get recteq to turn it back on.
I don't want them to because my work around is better, I now have voice control.

Just experienced this last night. Guess the days of being at the store and finding something to grill and having a ready to go grill when I got home are over. I would like to know how many "accidents" happened with Recteq or any other auto starter. Put me on the extreme "hate this" list.
There is a work around

I mainly use the app to turn on the grill because I can more quickly set the temp from the app and it doesn’t really make sense to hit the button on the panel then pull out my phone to set the temperature. I do keep my recteq unplugged and in a large deck box when it’s not use. When I’m getting ready to do a cook I’ll pull it out plug it in fill the hopper, then go back inside and pull the meat out to sit on the counter to come up in temperature a bit and do the final seasoning. Then I’ll turn on the grill and set the temp. The remote start is a convenience but it irritates the snot out of me when the government sticks its nose in things like this.

Remember… ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.

Been busy and haven’t tried to remote start since this was disabled. I use this all the time. Turn my grill which is in outdoor kitchen while prepping food. Leaving store and want to fire it up to burn off plates etc…

While it could/maybe should be disabled by default. There should (If legal) be an option to sign a waiver and absolve recteq and enable this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back