recteq & Rec Tec Grills

NCF

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So now that the company has rebranded to recteq, will they continue to use the Rec Tec Grills name for the grilling/smoking side of the business or will the Rec Tec Grills name gradually disappear once they work through inventory? For example, all of the controllers for The Bull say Rec Tec Grills on them. Will they eventually produce new ones that say recteq or do you think they will continue to leverage the Rec Tec Grills name? Just curious.

I saw a rt-680 go for big money on Barrett-Jackson over the weekend. All original.

So now that the company has rebranded to recteq, will they continue to use the Rec Tec Grills name for the grilling/smoking side of the business or will the Rec Tec Grills name gradually disappear once they work through inventory? For example, all of the controllers for The Bull say Rec Tec Grills on them. Will they eventually produce new ones that say recteq or do you think they will continue to leverage the Rec Tec Grills name? Just curious.
Rec Tec Grills is gone. The transition began in 2020 before the name change announcement, and I wouldn’t expect to see anything branded Rec Tec in the future. Here is the controller from a 11/2020 production Bullseye, look for the URL to be updated in later production. I’ve also seen the design for the front shelves has been updated from Rec Tec to RTG also.
CDECCB07-B125-4E24-8620-65DE48D5B77A.jpeg

Attachments

• AD8C2924-784B-4B86-A230-E5AE000BAF34.jpeg
    AD8C2924-784B-4B86-A230-E5AE000BAF34.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
Rec Tec Grills is gone. The transition began in 2020 before the name change announcement, and I wouldn’t expect to see anything branded Rec Tec in the future. Here is the controller from a 11/2020 production Bullseye, look for the URL to be updated in later production. I’ve also seen the design for the front shelves has been updated from Rec

Hey guys, the change in name came as a result of copyright dispute by a company called TEC. TEC pioneered the infrared grill which has evolved into an expensive high quality grill. They have the copyright and have been in business longer than RT. They held that "RecTec" was too close and might impair their recognition. RT lost that battle and "recteq" is the result. If that results in causing an antique effect over a name change--fine. But I do not see any change in quality as a result. I suspect that the persistence of the old name on some units is a result of old inventory and will change eventually to the new logo. I may not be totally correct in every detail. Look up TEC on the web. Wish I had one.

So you are saying my 2020 RT-700 could be the equivalent of a 65 Mustang? Wow I'm stoked. I'm never cooking on it again to preserve value.
NO! What I'm saying it would be the equivalent of a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO (y)

They will never be worth more than someone else is willing to pay. If I could get more for my heavily used Rec's to purchase a newer model all the better, but I will not be holding my breath nor sniffing fairy dust while waiting on that to happen. Besides selling one is the last thought I have.

They will never be worth more than someone else is willing to pay. If I could get more for my heavily used Rec's to purchase a newer model all the better, but I will not be holding my breath nor sniffing fairy dust while waiting on that to happen. Besides selling one is the last thought I have.
I like fairy dust.

Glad I got in on the "low" end.. Can start planning for retirement finally. Should have added more to my portfolio.. Maybe some accessories. 🤪 ..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back