Recteq app suggestions

darmidillo

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Has anyone ever suggested being able to type in the desired temperature on a keypad in the app instead of the plus/minus option? I can't be the only one.

Used to be able to do that before they updated.. not sure why they changed that. Many folks have not been enthused it seems. You are not the only one. Do some searches.

It isn't much of a graph, plus I am unable to move the screen around to actually see the graph.

Are you using Android or IOS? I don't recall this being an issue with the app itself for not being able to move the screen or see the graph. Maybe try reinstalling? I used mine tonight for my frenched pork rib cook and it was fine. Only opened once till the end then gave it some final heat.

I would contact Recteq and see what they say.

IMG_1885.jpeg

I decided to give the recteq android app another try after removing it about a year ago due to the "new and improved" version being, to be polite, not reliable.

Installed the app on my Pixel 6 phone and connected to my 2.4 GHz channel. All looked good, turned on 590 from app and set temp to 225F. Grill came on and started to heat up as the app was showing 185F Then I noticed that the grill had taken a long time to come to temp and went outside and the grill obviously had been at 225F for quite awhile. I refreshed the app and then the 225F showed up with the proper temp graph. Same thing happened later and grill would not connect to the app without refreshing a number of times.

I am back to not trusting the app.

Specs:
Pixel 6 phone
Android 12
2.4 GHz signal very strong on phone both when standing beside grill and inside the house.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back