Recteq 590 Seeker..hopefully preowned.

IMAWriter

Hi folks,
I'm situated in Brentwood, TN, a 'burb just south of Nashville. I've been a long time gas grill owner> The last 2 years, a very fine Weber Spirit 2 E310, with added GrillGrates. I've love to keep it around, and add a pre owned RT 590. My other option is to sell my Weber, wait till I can afford the difference, and purchase a new RT590. My cooks are seldom for more than 5, maybe 6. Till now it's been fish, burgers, Spatrchcock chicken, etc. I'd REALLY like to expand to longer smoked meats..especially cheaper cuts., maybe a small turkey, etc.
JUst wondering if anyone in my general area might anticipate selling their 590 for the larger 700? I quickly perused the Classifieds, but didn't see anything that applied just yet.
Anyhow, that's my story...and I'm most pleased to dwell amongst what seems like some really fine, friendly folks. Cheers!!

recteq has some scratch and dent inventory. You can call to see what they have and how much$. You will need to pick up the unit at the Evans, GA location as they won't ship those items.

Thanks much, Lager..for brewing up a terrific answer...sorry, it's what you get with me! haha
In a Prius C it might be a tall order bringing it back to Nashville. I'm scrimping and saving.BTW, are they planning on adding the 12v thing that seems to be the rage these days? To me, it looks like RT has a pretty fast startup, even cook as is. Besides, a wee bit slower allows me to put down a leetle more liquid refreshment prior to starting the cook. Cheers! BTW, lots of champion user-names here!

Thanks much, Lager..for brewing up a terrific answer...sorry, it's what you get with me! haha
In a Prius C it might be a tall order bringing it back to Nashville. I'm scrimping and saving.BTW, are they planning on adding the 12v thing that seems to be the rage these days? To me, it looks like RT has a pretty fast startup, even cook as is. Besides, a wee bit slower allows me to put down a leetle more liquid refreshment prior to starting the cook. Cheers! BTW, lots of champion user-names here!
Liquids are very important when grilling.

Liquids are very important when grilling.
I’m sure it varies state to state, but I’ve always been under the impression that a cold one in hand in mandatory any time a grill is fired up. At least it’s that way here in Missouri…

Question… other than grate area, are the guts of the 340 and 590 the same? I’ve read the RT site factoids and it seems so. But the warrantee years are less on the 340. Buck’s are tight unless I sell my Weber Spirit 2 E310 (using Grill Grates). Not opposed to that. I haven’t yet called regarding scratch and dent as suggested by Lager. Cheers and a future happy Fathers Day to all men folk.

Questions answered by Dalton @ Recteq...on a Saturday, no less! Also, no scratched and dents till possibly fall. Just as well...my joy of ownership (and the savings) was somewhat deflated by the dents on a fridge I purchased a few years ago.:confused:

Question… other than grate area, are the guts of the 340 and 590 the same? I’ve read the RT site factoids and it seems so. But the warrantee years are less on the 340. Buck’s are tight unless I sell my Weber Spirit 2 E310 (using Grill Grates). Not opposed to that. I haven’t yet called regarding scratch and dent as suggested by Lager. Cheers and a future happy Fathers Day to all men folk.
It sounds like you might be considering the RT-340 instead of the RT-590. While I can’t say for certain, I “think” the “guts“ of the 340 are pretty much the same as the 590. As a 340 user, I can say that unless you are cooking for a large family or other group, the 340 does a great job. I’ve never wished I had a larger unit. YMMV

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back