RT-1250 Quick 1250 question - Odds & Ends

Dr. Jones

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hi Friends,

About to finally click "purchase" and wanted to ask a quick question.

1. Does it come with any meat probes for the built in ports? At $10 a piece, I may buy one or two if not. I have a Maverick wireless as well as a thermapen but would like the redundancy if possible. At $10 per it makes sense, but didn't know if it already came with two and couldn't find it anywhere.

2. In many of the RecTeq youtube video's I see a custom recteq cutting board. Did they used to sell it? I can't find it anywhere.

3. The RT-1250 sear grates are $85. That seems steep and wanted to see if you guys had any other suggestions that are cheaper. Or are these just worth the price.

4. I don't need a ton of other stuff but there are some neat magnetic items on Etsy that could hold tools and such. Didn't know if you guys have seen them or if you have other ideas I may not have thought of. I'm not the "mod" type guy so it would have to be a quick addition, not anything that includes drilling or cutting.

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

Hi Friends,

4. I don't need a ton of other stuff but there are some neat magnetic items on Etsy that could hold tools and such. Didn't know if you guys have seen them or if you have other ideas I may not have thought of. I'm not the "mod" type guy so it would have to be a quick addition, not anything that includes drilling or cutting.
There is one of our forum members who sells those items on his Etsy site. They are good quality. I have the smokestack and grease drain covers for my 700.

Hi Friends,

1. Does it come with any meat probes for the built in ports? At $10 a piece, I may buy one or two if not. I have a Maverick wireless as well as a thermapen but would like the redundancy if possible. At $10 per it makes sense, but didn't know if it already came with two and couldn't find it anywhere.

2 are included
2. In many of the RecTeq youtube video's I see a custom recteq cutting board. Did they used to sell it? I can't find it anywhere.
Etsy can make these
3. The RT-1250 sear grates are $85. That seems steep and wanted to see if you guys had any other suggestions that are cheaper. Or are these just worth the price.

Get what you pay for. They are quality. Price at GrillGrate is comparable. And RecTeq will stand by the product

The Etsy seller who sells the magnet cord wrap is nice. The drain drip plug doesnt fit well, so I dont suggest that.
Thanks in advance!

Bryan

The drain drip plug doesnt fit well, so I dont suggest that.
I like the drain plug along with the smoke stack cover, they keep mice from getting in the grill and setting up home.

If you don’t need the Grill Grates right away, the Grill Grates website sometimes runs sales on second quality grates, which IMHO, are almost indistinguishable from the first quality grates. They simply have a few minor cosmetic blemishes.

If you don’t need the Grill Grates right away, the Grill Grates website sometimes runs sales on second quality grates, which IMHO, are almost indistinguishable from the first quality grates. They simply have a few minor cosmetic blemishes.
i agree my grill grates are seconds and they looked perfect to me. next time they do a seconds sale im getting atleast 1 more to have more searing room

Hi Friends,

Thanks in advance!

Bryan
The 1250 comes with two probes that are spot on when compared to my thermo pro instant read. I’ve never used sear plates before and don’t see the need for them . If necessary, your large cast iron skillet will suffice. I purchased a narrow plastic cutting board from my local restaurant supply that fits perfectly on the fold up shelf. Definitely press click and you won’t be disappointed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back