PSA-Grill Grill Brush Safety

Grill Bot. I’ll be interested to see the first review of this on the site!
Back in the day when I could better afford being a gadget freak, I have to admit I'd probably try it. Of course I've also contemplated a myriad of power tools for grill cleaning, but my common sense and food safety/hygiene concerns gets in the way of my reckless experimentation these days.

So, I’m sure that most of us are aware of the safety concern of using a wire brush style cleaner on our grills. No question that people have ingested pieces of wire and sustained serious injury. Because of this potential for injury, I switched to only using a coil-style brush some time ago that,is supposed to address this. Imagine my surprise today when I cleaned my grates and found a piece of wire left on my grates. I didn’t take a picture of the wire strand at the time, but later I did go looking for the source on my the grill brush. Bingo, this was the source. Don’t have any recommendations yet on what to do differently, but these coil brushes are not the answer to the problem.

View attachment 20695
This is the one to use

https://www.amazon.com/Grill-Rescue...2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

I mentioned earlier I have one of those that I use on my griddle, but on a grill I have my concerns how long those heads will last. Plus, the heads look like crap after one use and I’ve found putting them in a dishwasher with anything else makes the entire load a greasy mess. Nice concept, not sure it’s right for me.

I mentioned earlier I have one of those that I use on my griddle, but on a grill I have my concerns how long those heads will last. Plus, the heads look like crap after one use and I’ve found putting them in a dishwasher with anything else makes the entire load a greasy mess. Nice concept, not sure it’s right for me.
And if momma sees a greasy mess, watch out, something about fury and a women’s scorn.

It's surprising these brushes are still available for purchase, seeing as how we have 4.8, soon to be five lawyers per capita in this country just looking for something to sue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back