Problems with finding Delivery of my RecTeq 1250

So you say you would buy a Pitts and Spitts next but you say you love your RT700? To me, that statement doesnt makes sense, unless there is more to the story. I'm just saying, if you love a product, why are you wanting to go to another product?

I did alot of research on grills/smokers, and for the money I couldnt find one that is better then RecTeq. I thought about Yoder but that deal was about $300 more for a smaller smoker. Pitts seemed really good but they are more expensive. I thought about the RT 2500 BFG but I needed to limit price under $2000 for everything.

Just wondering why you would change? There are better smokers out there but not at this price point from what I researched. OF course, I am still waiting to get mine so maybe I will regret it later.

Shipping is still a concern so I hope RecTeq gets that figured out.
Do you like or love your current car?

Would you buy a Ferrari?

The RT works fine, it's a great grill. However, they've done a few things that I question, so I'm not likely to give them more money.

Note: Rec Teq was my second choice. P&S was first, but I decided to save some money and go with RT.

I have absolutely NOTHING good to say about Estes as I also also had my 1250 dumped in my driveway. I never received any notifications EVER. I was home at the time the lunkheads dropped off the pallet with "steal me now!" (Recteq 1250) plastered all over the box. The jerks couldn't bother to even ring the bell or knock on the door even though my truck was in the driveway. I did call to complain to RT, but you are correct, the reply was, "Ok, let us know if anything is damaged and we'll make a note about Estes. Thanks for calling Recteq," (click).

With that said, shipping has taken a giant dump lately. FedEx has routinely, almost consistently, delayed absolutely everything coming to my address for at least a week at the local warehouse. I've found that the only way to ever see my stuff from FedEx is to file claims on every single thing and the shipment miraculously arrives the next day with no explanation.

The silver lining is that when I finally got my 1250, I've been painlessly cooking some pretty decent food multiple times a week.

Oh, and I also thought about the Yoder, but between price and the limited use of zero-maintenance stainless steel, I'm very happy with my choice.

Wow those are some real bad experiences. We bought our 700 in June 2020. At that time RT shipped with UPS freight. The time from order to arrival at the last-mile depot in California was about 10 days. UPS called and set up delivery two days later including a 30 minute warning call from the driver. He put the delivery in the garage. The box for the smoker was in good shape. The competition cart box was a mess, but only a couple minor nicks I could easily overlook.

It sure feels like Estes is a big step down. UPS was not perfect, but at least it was easy to follow the process and keep hitting refresh 20 times a day.

Well my smoker is suppose to be at the shipping place since the 10th. So we are going on 4 days right now to have it delivered from the storage facility to my door which is within 10 miles. I guess we will see when it finally gets delivered.

Thank you all for this thread. I was able to closely monitor my shipping to assure I didn't have the same issues.
I've been calling Estes periodically and today they finally said it was out for delivery. I also received a text saying it was out for delivery. Estes leans on the shipment method set up by Rec Teq that does not require a signature for delivery (supposedly for covid concerns) and they definitely drop off at the door and keep going.
I luckily have an office that is on the on the other side of my garage and happened to be in a zoom meeting when Estes showed up. I had left my garage door open so estes could set my 1250 IN THE GARAGE and sure enough I heard movement so I peaked at my garage cam and saw estes dropping the shipment IN FRONT of the garage! I quickly turned off my zoom cam, muted my meeting, and RAN outside. I asked the Estes guy if he could take the 1250 another 10 feet INTO MY GARAGE. He said, "we usually don't because of that (1.5") bump (at the garage threshold), but I can do it this time." SMH
1250.jpg

Thank you all for this thread. I was able to closely monitor my shipping to assure I didn't have the same issues.
I've been calling Estes periodically and today they finally said it was out for delivery. I also received a text saying it was out for delivery. Estes leans on the shipment method set up by Rec Teq that does not require a signature for delivery (supposedly for covid concerns) and they definitely drop off at the door and keep going.
I luckily have an office that is on the on the other side of my garage and happened to be in a zoom meeting when Estes showed up. I had left my garage door open so estes could set my 1250 IN THE GARAGE and sure enough I heard movement so I peaked at my garage cam and saw estes dropping the shipment IN FRONT of the garage! I quickly turned off my zoom cam, muted my meeting, and RAN outside. I asked the Estes guy if he could take the 1250 another 10 feet INTO MY GARAGE. He said, "we usually don't because of that (1.5") bump (at the garage threshold), but I can do it this time." SMHView attachment 13846
Congratulations and have fun!

Well my grill finally came today. I am very excited but unfortunately I can’t assemble it now until after the new year. Believe me, the whole Christmas break, I will be chomping at the bit. Overall, I will say Estes wasn’t horrible except for a bit of slow delivery and not telling me the day they were delivering it. All of a sudden it shows up on my driveway. There was a bit of cut in the box but I think it didn’t effect the grill.

Anyway, I hope all of you that are still waiting for your delivery can get your smoker soon.

Merry Christmas.

Attachments

• ADC31C77-BE66-42D2-BDEF-8BF9F0DE0FA4.jpeg
    ADC31C77-BE66-42D2-BDEF-8BF9F0DE0FA4.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 92
  • A3410219-2A6F-4F03-BF1A-4964F6799C0A.jpeg
    A3410219-2A6F-4F03-BF1A-4964F6799C0A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
Still waiting on my deliver I purchased mine on Black Friday contacted recteq contacted Estes 3 times first time told it was waiting for pickup call recteq. Recteq said it was ready for pickup just had not been picked up. Zero updates on tracking info on Estes last week Estes said hopefully get take to the residential delivery branch end of last week then the tracking will update and hopefully be here early this week. Estes delivery date is now showing 12/24 at the earliest hopefully get it by Christmas so we can smoke on Christmas Day. 🤞🏼 Sounds like they need a new shipping contractor.

Still waiting on my deliver I purchased mine on Black Friday contacted recteq contacted Estes 3 times first time told it was waiting for pickup call recteq. Recteq said it was ready for pickup just had not been picked up. Zero updates on tracking info on Estes last week Estes said hopefully get take to the residential delivery branch end of last week then the tracking will update and hopefully be here early this week. Estes delivery date is now showing 12/24 at the earliest hopefully get it by Christmas so we can smoke on Christmas Day. 🤞🏼 Sounds like they need a new shipping contractor.
If they say it won’t be delivered until at least the 24th I’d expect that will be the earliest.

Mine arrived within 10 miles of my house for 5-6 days before it was delivered. It just sat in the warehouse. Then on the earliest it could be delivered, it showed up on my driveway. No warning.

Hope yours shows up soon.

The earliest delivery date pushes back every day now that is the only tracking info to change since 2 days after I ordered it. Estes said yesterday it has arrived at the residential shipping warehouse 20 miles from my house they would call me last night to give me delivery day. No call and dates continue to push back sounds like they need to drop Estes

The earliest delivery date pushes back every day now that is the only tracking info to change since 2 days after I ordered it. Estes said yesterday it has arrived at the residential shipping warehouse 20 miles from my house they would call me last night to give me delivery day. No call and dates continue to push back sounds like they need to drop Estes
If you have a pick up, or a friend that has one.....just call them and tell them you are coming to get it.

It will get there, they shipped with Estes, that’s how they operate, Yellow is close to being as bad. There are better shipping companies out there, it’s probably who can just do it the cheapest.

It will get there, they shipped with Estes, that’s how they operate, Yellow is close to being as bad. There are better shipping companies out there, it’s probably who can just do it the cheapest.
Welcome aboard @V35 , enjoy your stay!

Did you ever get your grilled delivered?

I ordered on December 12, and the rt-590 has apparently made it to Reno, but I'll be lucky to see it before the Super Bowl with the weather delays that are now taking hold in the Northwest...

I ordered on December 12, and the rt-590 has apparently made it to Reno, but I'll be lucky to see it before the Super Bowl with the weather delays that are now taking hold in the Northwest...
Sorry to hear that. I hope you get it soon. I got mine delivered right before I went on Christmas vacation and was all excited to put it together when I get back but coming back to -23 degree temps so not really conducive to putting it together.

Did you ever get your grill?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back