Problems with finding Delivery of my RecTeq 1250

Grillozilla

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
I am wondering if anyone else is having trouble with finding out when your RecTec grill is going to be delivered? I was told on Dec. 2nd my grill was being sent and ESTES shipping was going to be the shipper. I got an email from them with a tracking number and everytime I put that tracking number in their website, it says they have no record of this number.

Has anyone else had problems like this tryng to find out when the grill will be delivered? I am chomping at the bit to try this thing out after researching for over 1.5 years. I just want to get an idea of when I should have my 20 recipes to try.

1st. Good choice on grill.

2nd. Estes sucks ass. The tracking number means nothing until they pick it up. After that, it doesn't mean much either. Once it gets to your area, it will sit around at their terminal for 3-10 days before they schedule the delivery.

Expect it 2-3 weeks after ordering. So....week before Xmas or so.

A few days after the Recteq email, I received one from "system" and that had a link to a Recteq notice that included Estes' shipping number. I was able to track the progress with that number by going to the Estes site; https://www.estes-express.com/myestes/tracking/shipments and pasting the number. After a few days, I called the CS number and they were able to tell me what day it was scheduled for delivery; tomorrow!

A few days after the Recteq email, I received one from "system" and that had a link to a Recteq notice that included Estes' shipping number. I was able to track the progress with that number by going to the Estes site; https://www.estes-express.com/myestes/tracking/shipments and pasting the number. After a few days, I called the CS number and they were able to tell me what day it was scheduled for delivery; tomorrow!
I got one from ESTES and went to their web site. Put in the number for the last 3 days and still says the same thing. They cant find my shipping number. Reading other threads about how bad ESTES is. I'd think RecTec would want to get this right and use a good shipping company. Hoping to not have regret with buying a RecTec. Was a toss up between RecTec and Yoder and decided on RecTec because of customer service and their forums.

Give customer service a call tomorrow and let them have a chance to straighten it out. A lot of shipping companies are crap for tracking. I just got a new truck a couple of weeks ago and the transport company’s website says it’s still at the assembly plant.

The supply chain across the board is overwhelmed right now no matter the LTL company that handles the shipment. I am retired from the business but have friends at several LTL entities and they all have same story of trailers setting in the yard for days before being broke and put out for delivery. Some companies dont have enough trailers and or drivers to handle the current volume. Customer service wont tell you this because they are paid to pump sunshine.

I am wondering if anyone else is having trouble with finding out when your RecTec grill is going to be delivered? I was told on Dec. 2nd my grill was being sent and ESTES shipping was going to be the shipper. I got an email from them with a tracking number and everytime I put that tracking number in their website, it says they have no record of this number.

Has anyone else had problems like this tryng to find out when the grill will be delivered? I am chomping at the bit to try this thing out after researching for over 1.5 years. I just want to get an idea of when I should have my 20 recipes to try.
Don't try going thru Rec Teq to track your delivery I went to the ESTES web sight to track my grill. You will have to go to shipping history to follow your shipment. ESTES never sent updates to me.

Don't try going thru Rec Teq to track your delivery I went to the ESTES web sight to track my grill. You will have to go to shipping history to follow your shipment. ESTES never sent updates to me.
I did go directly to their web site. That is how I keep getting that message. It just looks like everything is backlogged and trucking companies are just way behind. My luck is it will be delivered when I am out of town.

Give customer service a call tomorrow and let them have a chance to straighten it out. A lot of shipping companies are crap for tracking. I just got a new truck a couple of weeks ago and the transport company’s website says it’s still at the assembly plant.
I did email RecTec and this was their response.

"Sorry for the confusion. The shipping label was created on 12-2-21 which generated the email to you. Generally we aim to ship next day, but the holidays have us at the mercy of the shipping companies. Your order has been assigned to Estes, and they will pick it up as soon as possible. When they do pick it up they will scan it, making the tracking (PRO#) number “live”.

The shipping companies don’t run on holidays or weekends. They are catching up from the four days of Thanksgiving.
We do appreciate your patience in the matter.

Call us of you have any further questions."

So I am at least glad that they are now aware of it and they responded in a timely manner so kudos to RecTec for at least responding. Now to make sure this isnt delivered when I am not at home. This is the main reason I want to know a delivery time, plus just want to try some cooking on it finally.

I placed my order on 11/30 and have not yet received any email that my order has been shipped. I ended up calling them and they said they are "hoping" to have it shipped by the end of this week and they estimate 2 weeks for transit to Oregon. I'm sure they're backlogged from the black friday sale, but this seems really slow...I already felt like I spent too much money and this is definitely making me reconsider my purchase.

I placed my order on 11/30 and have not yet received any email that my order has been shipped. I ended up calling them and they said they are "hoping" to have it shipped by the end of this week and they estimate 2 weeks for transit to Oregon. I'm sure they're backlogged from the black friday sale, but this seems really slow...I already felt like I spent too much money and this is definitely making me reconsider my purchase.
I know what you mean. I researched for 1.5 years before pulling the trigger. I still think, it is one of the best grills for the money and has one of the best reviews of all the grills. I finally decided I wanted to make 1 purchase of a good quality grill over buying a cheaper model and then regretting it and having to purchase the higher quality grill later.

I still think I made a good choice and I think you did too but the waiting is hard part once you have decided to spend the money. Hope we both get our grill/smoker soon.

What you don’t want to happen after waiting so long and watching the delivery truck back up your driveway.

79E6D893-E353-421D-9FC8-8CFC295AE467.jpeg

What you don’t want to happen after waiting so long and watching the delivery truck back up your driveway.

View attachment 13760
It happens occasionally for a variety of reasons. As a driver there is not a worse feeling with the customer looking on.

Early in my career it was a pallet with 40/ 5 gallon pails of paint that the customer was needing bad and already 2 days late.....what a mess! Ahh yes good times.

It happens occasionally for a variety of reasons. As a driver there is not a worse feeling with the customer looking on.

Early in my career it was a pallet with 40/ 5 gallon pails of paint that the customer was needing bad and already 2 days late.....what a mess! Ahh yes good times.
tried not to laugh at this but the picture in my head of this was just too funny. I surely hope my smoker is not delivered like that other picture.

I'm like the rest of you, I researched this for nearly 2yrs, my wife finally got tired of my bemoaning the smoker choices and pushed me to pull the trigger. My only other consideration was really Grilla Silverback but RecTeq 700 got my otder on 11/30.

I was starting to get a little worried with no shipping info for a week, but I finally got my email saying my ticket was created for delivery yesterday. Keep checking the SEFL website to have any information from the shipper on delivery

Really don't want mine "Drop shipped" like the picture though 😖

I received an email on 12/7 that my order was being shipped after placing my order on 11/30. It's still not showing up on Estes site that they've picked it up :(. The waiting game is brutal

I called Estes and they had not picked mine up yet. Once they picked up I got a text and then I could track it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddegreve
Back